What's your favorite box building tool?

^^^^ditto that. Unless you messed up the setup on the tablesaw and the blade isn't square...
The router by far gets the most use. Cutting speaker holes, making trim panels, rounding panel edges. I could work without it, but the quality of the results simply wouldn't be the same.

The most convenient thing I have for speeding up tedious jobs is a combination drill with countersink that quickchanges with a phillips bit all in one unit. Drill the holes with the proper countersink and drive the screws all without touching the chuck or finding the right bit.
I went shopping for a tool like that but was not sure of the diameter and length of the pilot bit and the countersink. Whats the specs of yours and what size screws do you use i.e. length and diameter?

I went shopping for a tool like that but was not sure of the diameter and length of the pilot bit and the countersink. Whats the specs of yours and what size screws do you use i.e. length and diameter?

your best bet would be to take the screws that use use the most and take it to a hardware store and tell em that u need a countersink bit for this screw. that way you know your going to get the right one the first time....

PS, yes, i have 4 of those table saws here at the plant. you just can't get a better cut than with one of those.

your best bet would be to take the screws that use use the most and take it to a hardware store and tell em that u need a countersink bit for this screw. that way you know your going to get the right one the first time....

PS, yes, i have 4 of those table saws here at the plant. you just can't get a better cut than with one of those.
Thx.

http://www.sears.com/sr/javasr/product.do?cat=Power+Tool+Accessories&pid=00925824000&vertical=TOOL&subcat=Drill+Bits&BV_UseBVCookie=Yes

That's similar to the set I use . Mine is just a little older . Very easy to use , and saves you the trouble of having to constantly change bits //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

"the plant" would you own said plant?

I am actually looking for that wire looking thing they had a booth at dbDrag finals. It looks like a long roll that can be bent around stuff and then placed on a sheet of mdf for tracing. I looked for it at local shops.

I think the booth was mobile dynamics or something like that. The roll is maybe 2 or 3 feet long and made out of some kind of rubbe.r

i really want a table saw, make things so much easier...

by the way you can cut a good enough circle with just a jigsaw, i practice on as many pieces of spare wood that i have before i cut the real holes, just gotta go real slow.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.