What's wrOng with my radio/speakers?

Participant count
  • Participant list

Maxima man
10+ year member

Are my speakers blown in my maxima? I've got it on max volume (31) and it sounds like it's on 5 or so, and it's crackling and the back ones don't work at all. I've had it for about a month now and just haven't had time to fool with it or take it anywhere but I hate not having a radio. Please help.

agreed.
and op, dont shop at walmart for audio equipment.
i seen the ugliest HU in there today. **** had a big flexible arm hanging out of the face with a ipod dock that clamped down on the ipod like a cheap cupholder. it was a dual , imagine that. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/laugh.gif.48439b2acf2cfca21620f01e7f77d1e4.gif

I didn't break them they were like that when I got the car I've never broken any audio equipment. That's why I'm unsure of what to do.
This makes me think that you need to learn a bit more...

Are my speakers blown in my maxima? I've got it on max volume (31) and it sounds like it's on 5 or so, and it's crackling and the back ones don't work at all. I've had it for about a month now and just haven't had time to fool with it or take it anywhere but I hate not having a radio. Please help.

It was best buy, is that a bad place too?
bad, not always, the people there usually dont know what the hell they are actually talking about because the just say what they read in a book, but there are some exceptions.

personally the only thing i buy from bestbuy is a wiring harness or dash kit when i need it in a hurry. other than that i order online.

whats your budget for speakers. and if your going to put anything nice in you might as well put in a 4 chan amp to run them.

Where do you recommend I learn about it? Now that I know they're blown. Idc to read on it im only 17 I'll admit I don't know anything about speakers and wiring(obviously). I need to learn about electrical just haven't had to until now.

Where do you recommend I learn about it? Now that I know they're blown. Idc to read on it im only 17 I'll admit I don't know anything about speakers and wiring(obviously). I need to learn about electrical just haven't had to until now.
search around and lurk on here and some of the other car audio forums, or pick up the MECP basic book if you just want to get some of the starter information down.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.