what's up with my voltage?

My honda never does it that dramitcally. It is always at least at 13 volts. Check ground on battery and on your volt meter.

Check your grounds though and make sure your alt is charging the right way. I would so some research on your vehichle to see if it is a common problem also.

In park my honda is 14.2 but when in gear and sitting idle it drops to 12's instantly... is this the same issue?

I'll try the AC trick and see if that fixes it.

Any way to work around this?

as long as my system forces the alt to kick in it shouldn't be an issue but there's no way I can run an m3 at a half ohm when my voltage at full tilt is like 12.78

In park my honda is 14.2 but when in gear and sitting idle it drops to 12's instantly... is this the same issue?I'll try the AC trick and see if that fixes it.

Any way to work around this?
changing the ecu can change it. i turn my AC on in my honda when i do my bassrace runs to get the charge out of my alt. but someone else was saying that after awhile there alt stopped charging with the AC on. i have noticed this sometimes, but not usually.

---------- Post added at 12:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:03 PM ----------

as long as my system forces the alt to kick in it shouldn't be an issue but there's no way I can run an m3 at a half ohm when my voltage at full tilt is like 12.78
wont happen. your system is on a seperate line from your ecu. so your system wont kick on your alt. sorry bro, i was hoping the same too

it's a 2007 grand prix. so is a h.o alt pretty much pointless or what are my options here I'm going to be running roughly 3k rms daily at .5 ohm how do I keep my voltage up or at least stable

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.