What's up with DSR1 being "out of stock" everywhere?

What does ran ground from amp mean exactly?
You said that twice and still dont get it lol

Sent from my Moto G4 using Tapatalk
As far as grounding goes, I have always just ran a ground wire a few inches from the amp from the terminal on the amp that says ground...

What I’m asking is, ...is additional grounding at the battery necessary? I have a full proper kit of 1/0.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Should be plug and play for 2011 and up.
What is the issue?
That’s what I was led to believe as well... turns out it’s “13” and up... And that’s rock solid... I didn’t get the wrong tech or something like that...

Whatever read 2011 and up (which I also read myself)

Is absolutely not correct...

What it boils down to, is the print we read about it working for 11 and up was incorrect.

It works in “universal” mode, using bare wire connections, but I’m real confused on that.

The two techs I spoke to assured me, very firmly, that they are working on one for these models, but have absolutely no time line...

When I tried to flash my DSR the options only listed 2011 fusions and explorers... that’s when I called and got the bad news.

What it boils down to, is the print we read about it working for 11 and up was incorrect.
It works in “universal” mode, using bare wire connections, but I’m real confused on that.

The two techs I spoke to assured me, very firmly, that they are working on one for these models, but have absolutely no time line...

When I tried to flash my DSR the options only listed 2011 fusions and explorers... that’s when I called and got the bad news.

I have this plug, which I’m assuming has to be used for “universal”...
330273deeee8f41c3895817cbbff03f1.jpg

The one with the bare wires

I ran into issues with DSR... I do have all my gear and “should” be installing... but I still have a lot of lingering questions because I’m obsessing a little much on getting perfect...
Still have a few enclosure questions (do I drill a hole between chambers, what do I seal it with)

Questions on grounding at battery (I have always just ran ground from amp, but wondering if I need to change ground at battery)

And hav3 questions on mounting my amps to metal wall of truck...

I just want to get the most out of everything... I’ve spent so much time and money, I want things right...

For mounting the amps, put a piece of mdf behind the seats and use some of the existing bolts to mount the mdf to back wall. Attach amps to mdf

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

For mounting the amps, put a piece of mdf behind the seats and use some of the existing bolts to mount the mdf to back wall. Attach amps to mdf

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Cool... appreciate it.

As far as grounding goes, I have always just ran a ground wire a few inches from the amp from the terminal on the amp that says ground...
What I’m asking is, ...is additional grounding at the battery necessary? I have a full proper kit of 1/0.

If the amp is grounded direct to the frame then its fine, but in general you ground per how much you have on tap..

300 amp alt requires 300 amp of grounding, just go by wire rating which 1/0 gauge wire should be good for 250-300 amps if its quality wire like welding wire or non cheapo audio wire.

Just like fuses, you fuse by wire rating.. Not by amplifier power like most new guys think.

If the amp is grounded direct to the frame then its fine, but in general you ground per how much you have on tap..
300 amp alt requires 300 amp of grounding, just go by wire rating which 1/0 gauge wire should be good for 250-300 amps if its quality wire like welding wire or non cheapo audio wire.

Just like fuses, you fuse by wire rating.. Not by amplifier power like most new guys think.

Cool... I’ve got 1/0 ofc.

getting conflicting info on the unit. Went to one of my local Rockford dealers and asked about unit. The other dealer couldnt tell me anything because they havent touched it yet. First dealer said they dont think it will work for me because you have to use the T harness? I thought it came with both Hi and Lo inputs but they are telling me I can not use my speaker level to this unit? My car is fiber optic to the factory amp and I have to use the speaker outs from the amp. In my situation, will the Rockford work?

getting conflicting info on the unit. Went to one of my local Rockford dealers and asked about unit. The other dealer couldnt tell me anything because they havent touched it yet. First dealer said they dont think it will work for me because you have to use the T harness? I thought it came with both Hi and Lo inputs but they are telling me I can not use my speaker level to this unit? My car is fiber optic to the factory amp and I have to use the speaker outs from the amp. In my situation, will the Rockford work?
You can use it as a stand alone DSP with high level analog inputs (speaker level) but if I remember right it only accepts up to an 8 volt high level input, which is about what a factory radio puts out without an amplifier. Double check with Rockford on this. You can also use a decent LOC in between the DSR1 and that factory amplifier to get around that but you will need a decent one such as those from AudioControl. the LC2 would work if you don’t mind two channel only with sub. I used the DSR1 as a stand alone DSP and compared it to my JL TwK 88 DSP. I didn’t like it so I returned it for another JL TwK. I’m spoiled I guess.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.