What high / midrange speakers to get with setup?

Participant count
  • Participant list

Snails

Hello all, this is my first post. I'm in a 2012 Maxima and was going to a whole sound system. The sub / amp combo I'm going to go with is 2 Fi BL3's 12" in a D1 config, ported box, off of a Taramps 5k. Now I like loud/deep bass, but I can't stand setups that have no volume to the rest of the music. I want everything loud. So I want to get a good setup going in the rest of the car so I can hear the other parts of the music while the bass is going. My plan was Alpine SPR-60C 6.5 set.(2 6.5s, 2 1" Tweeters) My question is what should I power them with? And should I get two sets for a total of 8 speakers? Or should I get a set of 6x9s? What would yall recommend?

Ok, I've never invested this much in a system, so I'm learning. What would you recommend to go with this?
I haven’t kept up with pro audio drivers in a long time. Most are happy with PRV. You won’t need 8 speakers. 2 mids and tweeters is plenty

Well loud with good SQ, not just ear ripping loudness. What brand/model do you recommend?
You can get loud and clear but you need an active capable head unit. You can make any Pro audio speaker sound good with proper crossover blend between mid and tweeter along with a good EQ. You wont achieve anything with a stock head unit+ line out convertor combo though. It'll always be garbage if your head unit is not up to snuff. The head unit is basically the most important part of your setup.

minimum specs for a head unit, 24 bit dac, 13 band or higher EQ, 3 pairs of 4 volt or higher pre-outs, network mode and time alignment.

2x of these, they are sold individually, loud as fk, i have 450 watts going to each speaker and they eat it up, get loud enough to keep up with 4 18s on 30k watts. https://www.parts-express.com/prv-audio-6mr500-ndy-4-6-1-2-neodymium-midrange-woofer-4-ohm--294-2706

one of these german silk tweets, these are sold in pairs. https://www.amazon.com/Massive-Audio-CT2-Tweeter-Surface/dp/B00NBC25UM

this amp is one of the best budget amps that put out decent power atm. I'd get two, one bridged for the midrange alone and the other for tweeters and maybe if you want to do a 3 way setup in the future https://www.amazon.com/Precision-Power-P900-4-4-Channel-Amplifier/dp/B005KVEPVO

In the future you can always bridge that 4 channel amp for the mids only and get another 2 channel for the tweeter if you want it even louder. However that setup will easily be louder than 4 pairs of type R components and sound better as well.

If you want any decent sound, you'll need to turn your car door into a proper speaker enclosure.

https://www.amazon.com/Stinger-RKX36B-Roadkill-Damping-Material/dp/B001HHP59G

Yeah I had no plans of running the stock head unit. And sound deadening I've already done. Also have upgraded my alt, and the big 3 wiring, just need another battery. I just haven't ever had this much sound bass wise, so I wasn't sure what midrange speakers to get since I don't know how loud this sub set will get. But thanks for the suggestions.

Yeah I had no plans of running the stock head unit. And sound deadening I've already done. Also have upgraded my alt, and the big 3 wiring, just need another battery. I just haven't ever had this much sound bass wise, so I wasn't sure what midrange speakers to get since I don't know how loud this sub set will get. But thanks for the suggestions.
Keep in mind the specs i listed for the head unit. Network mode capability is an absolute must, no questions asked if you want loud with good sound in mind. You rather have waaaay too much overkill with the mids and highs loudness wise vs not enough. Those prv neos are some, if not the loudest mids on the market.

Keep in mind the specs i listed for the head unit. Network mode capability is an absolute must, no questions asked if you want loud with good sound in mind. You rather have waaaay too much overkill with the mids and highs loudness wise vs not enough. Those prv neos are some, if not the loudest mids on the market.
Or an amp that’s active capable. Plenty of those these days.

Or an amp that’s active capable. Plenty of those these days.
not good enough. Most amps are stuck at 12 db crossovers along with limited up to 5000hz. Lets say if he uses super tweeters, hes completely fked no matter what because in order to tame super tweeters, you usually need a 10khz at -18 db slope if you want it to sound like a silk dome. Thats been a pretty consistent value/range in every super tweeter setup i've tuned.

So does network mode on the headunit allow the same crossover of frequencies as an active capable amp?
Way superior to any active capable amp other than the upper eschelon SQ amps.

not good enough. Most amps are stuck at 12 db crossovers along with limited up to 5000hz. Lets say if he uses super tweeters, hes completely fked no matter what because in order to tame super tweeters, you usually need a 10khz at -18 db slope if you want it to sound like a silk dome. Thats been a pretty consistent value/range in every super tweeter setup i've tuned.

Way superior to any active capable amp other than the upper eschelon SQ amps.
I doubt he will want to go that far. But who knows

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.