Question on bass blockers...

Participant count
  • Participant list
I have asked this before... I do not have a good HU...

Yes, on the tweeters...

Like I said, I know they’re not “needed”...

I’m asking if they degrade the sound or efficiency in any way...

Will having this “layer of protection” for my tweeters be detrimental to the way my system sounds?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I have asked this before... I do not have a good HU...
Yes, on the tweeters...

Like I said, I know they’re not “needed”...

I’m asking if they degrade the sound or efficiency in any way...

Will having this “layer of protection” for my tweeters be detrimental to the way my system sounds?

Do it correctly and there is no detraction from sound.

To Cap or Not to Cap? Tweeters in Systems with Active Crossovers – Tech Tips – ForumsAudiofrog » designed in California for audiophiles everywhere

Thanks man... I got bass blockers from Crutchfield, and hadn’t made up my mind to run them or not... I know the article didn’t specifically mention bass blockers, but I’ll assume the capacitor mentioned is the same thing, just packaged in a way that’s ready to roll...

---------- Post added at 07:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:18 PM ----------

Bob,
Your PM box is full and will no longer accept any more messages so you need to delete some. Want to give you this JL Audio » header » Support » Tutorials » Tutorial: Wiring Dual Voice Coil (DVC) Subwoofer Drivers
I cleared out some room... your link was a dead end though...

Thanks man... I got bass blockers from Crutchfield, and hadn’t made up my mind to run them or not... I know the article didn’t specifically mention bass blockers, but I’ll assume the capacitor mentioned is the same thing, just packaged in a way that’s ready to roll...

---------- Post added at 07:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:18 PM ----------

I cleared out some room... your link was a dead end though...

thats what a bass blocker is, an inline capacitor.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.