whats the point of tuning a box?

i tried searching, didn't find anything
what did you search for?

below box tuning the sub will reach its mechanical limits quicker with less rms watts.(moving in and out in easy to understand terms) that is unless your amp had a suitable sub sonic filter.

my box is tuned to 35 hz i got the SSF set at ~26hz
might want to raise that up a bit if your amp puts out close to the rms of your sub.

i would recomend 32-34hz on the ssf depending on the output of the amp.

how much is half an octave?
I'll take this one...since I asked a similar question a long time ago. Basically an octave is a 2:1 ratio. An octave higher then a said givin frequency would be double that. An octave below would be half the said octave.

So for example. You take 100hz as your said number. One octave above 100hz is 200(100*2). One octave below 100hz is 50(100/2)

So I guess what noah is trying to say is....you would take your number 35hz.....and it would be half an octave. Well an octave down from 35hz would be 17.5 hertz. but we only want half...so a half of 17.5 is 8.75...

so 35 - 8.75 = 26.25. I'm pretty sure thats how it works unless my interpretation of what I was told is incorrect. Which if it is someone will correct me I'm sure. Hopefully the person that sent me this info will chime in //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.