Boxes dilema

Participant count
  • Participant list

onearmedbastard
10+ year member

Balls deep
Houston
(may of spelt the title wrong. oh well)

Ok first off I just wanted to say Hi because it is my first post of many. My names Ross and from houston, texas. I have a 2003 Ranger 4x4 XLT with high sound expectations in the future.

Now to the chase.

Right now I have 2 JBL GT-412 12" subs powered by a 2-channel Rockford Fosgate 550W Amp. They each have seperate ported boxes because of the hump in the back of my truck (drivetrain). I am later getting two more of the same subs soon for a total of 4. I was either going to get a 2-sub box and put that on top of my 2 single boxes or try to save up for a custom 4-sub box. My question is if it matters performance-wise. It would be nice to get a custom 4-sub box but its really pricey. Will it matter if I just get a 2-sub box and put it on top of my 2 singles? And yes the other two will be powered by their own amp.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.