Whats the first system you ever had?

76 chev malibu. Jvc HU using line out converters. Bought the hu new with no rca, which was a LONG time ago. 6x9 2 way pioneers in back dash and custom cut into front doors running off la sound 2 channel. 2 orion cobalt 12's running off an urban audioworks 500 watt using the built in 80Hz lpf. Not the cleanest or clearest but man was it loud!!

Last year in October i was running a pair of Jbl GTO1214d in a Belva prefab. That was powered off a RE zrx1400, connected to a bunk $100 pioneer double din.

man, thinking back, my first system was great sounding!

2 mmatts procast 12s, wired to an orion 250r, orion 425r to some rf q series components, pioneer full din eq, and a sony hu (mobile es, before xplod). optima battery and dynamat. in a plymouth sundance. it was a really nice budget setup!

1: 1986 Ranger single cab 4x4. Kenwood KRC-434 Cassette deck. Kenwood 1/4 din EQ. Kenwood KAC-501 15w amp. Kicker truck box.

2: 1985 2wd S-10 Blazer. basics out of the Ranger, replaced the Kicker box with Alpine 6x9s, pioneer 4x6 fronts, and my first real sub, Rockford series 1 10" running off Alpine 3522 80w

Nice thread! I don't remember the model numbers for all.....

Some Pioneer HU(cassette) with 12 Disc changer in the back. It had a single RCA though!

Some mainstream Pioneer 6x9s on the rear tray. Good output oddly....

Some mainstream Pioneer tweeters in the front dash.

Pioneer TS-304C Free-Air type Subwoofer mounted on the rear tray.

Sony XM-222 Amplifier. Bridged for the SVC Sub.

This was well over a decade ago. Simple times...I thought I had the best stuff ever! : P

Back in 1995 I had a 1980 Buick Regal with an AM radio and 3.5" in dash (4x10 rear were not offered in that trim level). Shaft-style Pioneer (Supertuner III) started things off but it quickly became this:

Alpine HU and EQ

Kicker R3 in dash

Orion XTR comps (coax mounted tweeters) in rear

Eclipse 6x9 in rear

4 Hollywood HSL12SE in 2 cu. ft. sealed each

HiFonics Thor on subs

Kicker 40ss on speakers

Alpine DRE-A200 crossover

soulmachine_dash.jpg

soulmachine_subsL.jpg

soulmachine_subsR.jpg

soulmachine_trunk.jpg

I consider this my first complete "system". up to this point i was slowly building this a piece at a time. Wiring/Install by me, box by a local shop.

I also pulled the V6 and put a 350 in the car

soulmachine_engine.jpg

fisher floor standing speakers in my 74 bug, powered by a jensen tape deck. I got inventive and hooked up an inverter and powered them with my home theater receiver. Then I ditched all that and walled it with (4) 15's

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.