Help with choosing subs/amp/box

Syntrex

Hello! I am getting my 04 Grand Am GT Coupe in a little over a week. I am planning on getting subs for it. I want two 12s. However I am a noob at this car audio stuff. What are good brands and stuff subs/amps for two 12s? I have a Kenwood Head Unit if that makes a difference. My budget is $600 for everything. Some brands/series I have been looking at are the Kenwood performance series, Pioneer TS, SoundSolutionsAudio (SSA) DCON series (Leaning more towards this right now) and JL WXv2. I want deep, rich, loud bass. What box should I get too? Also, what are the difference between all of the boxes? Ported, sealed, etc.? The only amp I have really looked at is the Precision Power PPI P1000.1 from sonicelectronix. Thanks for any help!

Hello! I am getting my 04 Grand Am GT Coupe in a little over a week. I am planning on getting subs for it. I want two 12s. However I am a noob at this car audio stuff. What are good brands and stuff subs/amps for two 12s? I have a Kenwood Head Unit if that makes a difference. My budget is $600 for everything. Some brands/series I have been looking at are the Kenwood performance series, Pioneer TS, SoundSolutionsAudio (SSA) DCON series (Leaning more towards this right now) and JL WXv2. I want deep, rich, loud bass. What box should I get too? Also, what are the difference between all of the boxes? Ported, sealed, etc.? The only amp I have really looked at is the Precision Power PPI P1000.1 from sonicelectronix. Thanks for any help!
I build and ship affordable enclosures. If you're interested pm me. I'll get you slammin.

most of what you get on ebay/amazon are junky prefab boxes that are gonna ****. SSA Dcon is the best built sub out of your choice. However With 600 dollars, i'd grab a 600-1k 15 and get a custom box built. Because two 12" dcons will eat up your budget.

ive heard the box makes 1/2 the system.. i did ALOT of research to figure out what i needed to know, and did it. that said, CSCStang has had a very well known rep for building boxes here.

600 is a small budget for new... id go used equip ... or else go for budget build... used id try to find like 2xs hdc3 12 and a kicker 2500 or a vfl 150.1, i bought and sold both items for around/under 600 for subs n amp.... but what kind of sound are u looking for? box is very important..

budget build depends on room... i did a 4 12 budget build everything under 450 and hit some high numbers...

or a nice single sub setup can be done for under 600.... or two smaller subs...

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.