what's the best box for 12'' hx2's

Participant count
  • Participant list

ENGLARMAN

I've just purchased a pair of R F HX2'S and the box that I have now is a sealed dual 12'' 1cu ft box .I know that the specks say that it's ok for those speakers but I have enough room to put in a bigger box.I'm thinking ported but any suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

they are the punch hx2's not the power.I don't feel like adding batteries for additoinal amps and all that stuff so I got the the dual 4 ohm 500/1000 watt pair.I'm looking for sq but i want spl too but sq is more important.My system hits pretty good now but my subs can't handle the power of my amp.I have it turned almost all the way down and my speakers still distort on low hard bass.I'm looking to alieviate this with the hx2's because the amp that I have was designed for those speakers (power 1000a2 1586 watts @ 2 ohms) and I'm getting that out of it with two 1 farred caps.I just want to know before I purchase another box.What would give me the most from those speakers,as far as sq and spl.The specs call for a 1.75 cu ft. ported box and up to a 4 cu ft. sealed box.I have the room to build a 2.5 cu ft sealed box or the same size ported,but before I went through all that I thought that I would ask for advise because the audio shops around here wants you to let them do thier thing but won't let you know how they do it ( like everyones a dumb a**)I like doing my own installs and I try to get as many opinions as possible to try to get what I want out of my system.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.