What's should I do with all these amps???

Participant count
  • Participant list

superbang
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
In the game of war there will always be casualties. Same goes with this game we call car audio. These are some of the wounded that I felt were worth keeping. Some fought valiantly and deserve a place on my trophy rack. Others, just for the sake of nastalgia. In an effort to free up space in the garage and fund my next build. I need to let go of these babies one way or another.

All of these amps are broken. It's been a long time so I don't remember exactly what issue each one has but I know they had some sort of an issue to be put on my blown amp rack. The guts showing is one of the 2 mtx 1501d amps. One of the best amps power and sound wise I have ever used on subs

All of these amps are broken. It's been a long time so I don't remember exactly what issue each one has but I know they had some sort of an issue to be put on my blown amp rack. The guts showing is one of the 2 mtx 1501d amps. One of the best amps power and sound wise I have ever used on subs
What was the situation with the Power Akoustic BAMF?

The guts looked beefy to me and I was thinking about trying one for a friend's budget build.

Obviously you broke it, but was it hammered on or was it a defect?

That model was a beast. I believe my amp had am issue with the output stage. If I remember correctly, it still powers on fine and does not go into protect. Just no output. I used it to power a 10" hcca and it put the sub to work. Scored 134.6 dB on the single 10 in a convertible e36 m3. Not sure on the going price for them now, but back when they first came out, it was a solid budget buy

If there are any amp guru's on here that can point me in the direction of a starting sale price for each of these blown amps. Please pm me. Thanks in advanced ! Also if there are any amp techs, I wouldn't mind a price quote for the McIntosh

You got a dislike because you made it sound like the amps work fine, just need to sell. Nowhere in your 1st post does it say that they didn't work until later on in the thread. What a tease...

Oh ya....C- for taking pics of amps on hard concrete/asphalt. Weather working or not.

You got a dislike because you made it sound like the amps work fine, just need to sell. Nowhere in your 1st post does it say that they didn't work until later on in the thread. What a tease...
Haha, in all the years I've been a member on this and many other forums. I have never got a "dislike." I guess my short bit about war and wounded amps at the start of this thread proved to be a bit to creative for a few of the casual members on here. I apologize to those who I unintentionally mislead. For those who understood what I was trying to convey, kudos and high five!

In the game of war there will always be casualties. Same goes with this game we call car audio. These are some of the wounded that I felt were worth keeping. Some fought valiantly and deserve a place on my trophy rack. Others, just for the sake of nastalgia. In an effort to free up space in the garage and fund my next build. I need to let go of these babies one way or another.
Haha, in all the years I've been a member on this and many other forums. I have never got a "dislike." I guess my short bit about war and wounded amps at the start of this thread proved to be a bit to creative for a few of the casual members on here. I apologize to those who I unintentionally mislead. For those who understood what I was trying to convey, kudos and high five!
To me that's jibberish. Show me the word AMP in your 1st post. I just re-read it again and doesn't say.

And I might add....not even a small list put together as to what amps you have.

To me that's jibberish. Show me the word AMP in your 1st post. I just re-read it again and doesn't say.
And I might add....not even a small list put together as to what amps you have.
This isn't a classified ad....

I got what he meant in the first post, lol.

This isn't a classified ad....
I got what he meant in the first post, lol.
I can see why my post might be a little confusing to some. Just didn't think it would agitate someone enough to go through the steps of disliking my thread aND posting about it.

Amp list per request

Power Acoustic BAMF5500

HIFONICS Nemesis NX-880

MTX 1501D (2x-one without cover)

McIntosh MC440

Kicker ZR1000

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.