What's currently similar to my old builds question?

Participant count
  • Participant list

caraudio93
10+ year member

Maine
I haven't had a system in a little over 2 years, but what I did have was an Fi ssd12 fully loaded off a soundstream rub1600 in 3 cubes @ 35hz. I was very happy with this and don't want anything worse (less loud or worse sq) Also had 2 audiopipe txxapa12 blues off an ap1500 in a ****** prefab. this was acceptable but was not as good as the fi ( i suspect it was mostly the prefab). Anyway, I'm looking for good subs in the same price range, was wondering if there are any new or improved subs that I wouldn't be aware of? I was looking at audiopipe txxbd312s and running two of them, does anyone have experience with these? Also another FI ssd is an option, but is a little more than I was wanting to spend. Also was interested in skar vvx, maybe sundown sa's but they don't take quite as much power as i'd like. Open to any other suggestions. Would like to keep it under $400 for subs. Thanks. And I'm going to be tuning at 32 or lower!

I am in bangor and I have the trunk of a 98 civic, and I will be buying an amp as well. and making an enclosure. I wil pm that guy and buy it right away if it's still up.

Unfortunately he said he's no longer interested in selling. I will spend no more than 300 on an amp, I'm thinking rub2500 or the audiopipe amps, I like what those have to offer for the price.

Unfortunately he said he's no longer interested in selling. I will spend no more than 300 on an amp, I'm thinking rub2500 or the audiopipe amps, I like what those have to offer for the price.
You can get better quality amps that make what those actually make for around the same price.

I'd avoid the Soundstream or Audiopipe amps. Buy something higher quality. Anything over 1500w is going to require expensive electrical upgrades. Actually IIRC there was a Lanzar Opti 2000D on here this week for short money. Those were pretty decent, Korean made, and made legit power.

Shame you missed out on that 3hp. You'd have loved that in your box.

This time of year is really good for picking up deals used and SSA store often has some killer black Friday sales on subs.

I'm not far from you, but I got nothing built that'll work in a box that small, and most of what I do have is spoken for at the end of the month. Don't rush things and you will get something nice without over-paying!

Oh, and if you find a deal on a broken sub or just a motor, I can possibly re-build it for you, so hit me up if anything turns up like just a good deal on a motor.

I just want to point out that that 3hp sold for 82 bucks on ebay, with free shipping, right after he refused my offer of 250 shipped //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif :( Unfortunately i was occupied and forgot to bid on it

I'd avoid the Soundstream or Audiopipe amps. Buy something higher quality. Anything over 1500w is going to require expensive electrical upgrades. Actually IIRC there was a Lanzar Opti 2000D on here this week for short money. Those were pretty decent, Korean made, and made legit power.
Shame you missed out on that 3hp. You'd have loved that in your box.

This time of year is really good for picking up deals used and SSA store often has some killer black Friday sales on subs.

I'm not far from you, but I got nothing built that'll work in a box that small, and most of what I do have is spoken for at the end of the month. Don't rush things and you will get something nice without over-paying!

Oh, and if you find a deal on a broken sub or just a motor, I can possibly re-build it for you, so hit me up if anything turns up like just a good deal on a motor.
I have done the big 3 and have a 160a alt since my last build. I am keeping my eye open, but if you see anything real good, shoot me a pm. there's no rush, thanks

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.