Whats better

Participant count
  • Participant list

Eddieca85
10+ year member

Hey,

Im goign to up grade my system. Right now im running an Aiwa head unit, 2 profile 6.5's,2 radio shack 5x7s, and a pioneer 760 watt amp pushing 2 10" bazooka subs. I want to replace my 6.5s and my 5x7s. What should i use? Right now im looking at sony xplods or some infinity kappas. Which is better? Or what other brands should i go for? i liek the infinitys beacuse they have high power handleing, not that my head is putting out to much (180x4) but the xplods have a good rep. Then i was also thining about staying with bazookas and jsut matching the whole car up. Also i was thinking about upgradeing teh head unit. Whats a good one? I dont have a huge budget but im willing to spend some cash. All i do is work so i usually have some money :-/. If anyone has any suggestions let me know,

Thanx

Eddie

Originally posted by Eddieca85 Hey,

Im goign to up grade my system. Right now im running an Aiwa head unit, 2 profile 6.5's,2 radio shack 5x7s, and a pioneer 760 watt amp pushing 2 10" bazooka subs. I want to replace my 6.5s and my 5x7s. What should i use? Right now im looking at sony xplods or some infinity kappas. Which is better? Or what other brands should i go for? i liek the infinitys beacuse they have high power handleing, not that my head is putting out to much (180x4) but the xplods have a good rep. Then i was also thining about staying with bazookas and jsut matching the whole car up. Also i was thinking about upgradeing teh head unit. Whats a good one? I dont have a huge budget but im willing to spend some cash. All i do is work so i usually have some money :-/. If anyone has any suggestions let me know,

Thanx

Eddie
Well I would definately go with the infinity's over the sony's beleive it or not the xplod do not have that good of a reputation and you may end up not being pleased overall with them. The infinity Kappas are very nice speakers and you will enjoy them. As for head units? Pioneer, Clarion, Eclipse, Alpine.....top four brands I would personally suggest. I have always run pioneer and been very happy with them, but it is up to your listening preference and budget.

Ok cool. Thanx for letting me know that. Now the kappa's iv been looking at are component systems and then come with like little crossovers i belive it said or somehting liek that, its liek 2 little black box's im nto quite sure exactlyt what they are and oif they are easy to hook up or what, so if you know anything about them could you let me know? Thanx

--Eddie

Originally posted by Eddieca85 Ok cool. Thanx for letting me know that. Now the kappa's iv been looking at are component systems and then come with like little crossovers i belive it said or somehting liek that, its liek 2 little black box's im nto quite sure exactlyt what they are and oif they are easy to hook up or what, so if you know anything about them could you let me know? Thanx

--Eddie
Yes they will come with a crossover and they are easy enough to hook up. There is an input side where the amp or headunit speaker leads will run into and then an output for the midrange driver and the tweeter. Pretty straight forward and simple to connect. Any other questions drop me a line.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.