how do i hook it up?

Participant count
  • Participant list

JaZan

i have a 97 honda civic, with a stock radio/cd player. my friend just gave me a box that has 2 pioneer 10' woofers in it... what size amp should i buy, and what's the best way to hook it up? it also has a crossover attatched to the back of the box, do i even need to use that?

Originally posted by JaZan i have a 97 honda civic, with a stock radio/cd player. my friend just gave me a box that has 2 pioneer 10' woofers in it... what size amp should i buy, and what's the best way to hook it up? it also has a crossover attatched to the back of the box, do i even need to use that?
The crossover is kind of an added bonus for you since you are goign to be running it off of a stock head unit. Get an amp that matches the RMS of the speakers. If you are unsure you can pull one of the subs out of the box and it should have ratings written on the back of it. Hooking it up should be relatively easy. Most amps will have a high level input so you can simply run wires from the rear channel of the head unit or even speakers in the rear dash as an input for it. If the amp does not have a high level input you will need to get a line input converter. These can be purchased just about anywhere and convert the speaker level output from the head unit to a low level output. This means it allows you to run an RCA wire to the amp instead of an ordinary speaker wire.

Any further questions feel free to ask away

hey thanks!!! i really like the idea of running the wires from my rear speakers (since that's fairly close) so now where does the crossover come into the picture? do i run the wires from the rear speakers into the crossover then to the amp, or the amp first, then the crossover?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.