What's better for bracing? Threaded rod or Wooden Dowels?

MDF is $30 here so I'm guessing Birch will be about $40-50 which isn't too expensive I should only need 2 sheets for my 15's + baffle. Thanks a ton I'll give birch a try and threaded rods.
Man wood around the states are spendy, like you MDF here in Rochester is about 30 a sheet, and 40 for birch, not that 80 crap haha, I'd say run with the birch for something different.

If you want the good 15ply Baltic Birch,try out your local trench shoring supply store. They should stock Finn Form 3/4" sheets.About $100 bucks here,but waterproof and doesn't split from end screwing. [yeah sure,run with that] lol Looks cool when rounded over too.

for me a lot of the bracing depends on the size of the box and the wattage used especially b/c the rate of refraction on a larger wall is greater than on a smaller wall. I use triangles for smaller boxes and for larger boxes i just use a 1.5" x 3" piece of mdf places every 24" or so. now I have seen a local installer sandwich a sheet of 1/4" steel (maybe a different metal but it was definitely metal) between 2 1" sheet of HDF for a wall with 6 15" in an Expedition

Man wood around the states are spendy, like you MDF here in Rochester is about 30 a sheet, and 40 for birch, not that 80 crap haha, I'd say run with the birch for something different.
That is what it runs here in Iowa, mind you it is very basic 5 ply IIRC.

also your signature creeps me out. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

I usually do 2x2's and cross them together so they support each other. The truth, any metal or hard wood will work. I've used oak dowels, 2x2's, 2x4's, mdf, etc. it really doesn't matter. The important part is knowing where to put your braces to use them the most effectively. All about placement.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.