what works for you, not everybody else, you!

christopher0825
10+ year member

I don't post much on here but I though I should say this. After reading many of the threads on here, it is very apparent that this is just like any other forum that deals with elctronics or audio. There are those who can afford to put a $2k system in their car, and that great! There are some who think that if you don't have 2k watts and 4 15" subs then you shouldn't have a system. There are those who just want a system that sounds better than their factory and don't really know where to start and listen to those who have a $2k system say " kenwood is junk" "mtx is garbage" "if you get a 12" that's not an infinty jl, don't bother getting a system".....my take on this; if it works for you then buy it, don't sty and stretch your budget for a system that you know is too much for you.... honestly, most of the guys who have 1k+ watts don't use the full wattage on a daily basis or are in cometition. Listening to that much bass on a regular basis will damage your ears! I have a kenwood 12" sub and an amp that pushes 300 watts rms, and it shakes all my windows, gives me a good massage, etc and that's at half gain. Granted it dosent makes all the cars at the light look at me, but who cares! They'll be gone in about 20 seconds anyway! My front stage are some pioneer's from the flea market and they sound fine running off the head unit. Spent $350 total for eveything (wires included). And I'm very happy. Anyway, all I'm trynna say is get what is reasonable to you, that's within your budget, and something you will actually use daily!

I would like to add that I'm not knoking those who have the really nice systems, I want one, just wouldn't put it in the car I have now......just knocking those who believe the "all or nothing" approach is king.

I have a kenwood 12" sub and an amp that pushes 300 watts rms, and it shakes all my windows, gives me a good massage, etc and that's at half gain.
Having your amp at half gain doesn't mean you're getting half the power. I have my gains almost all the way down on my amps, but I'm still getting full power...the gain knob is not a volume knob.

Having your amp at half gain doesn't mean you're getting half the power. I have my gains almost all the way down on my amps, but I'm still getting full power...the gain knob is not a volume knob.
I'm very well aware of that. I am a musician/part time studio engineer. The gain knob/input sensitivity is my best friend :)

I don't post much on here but I though I should say this. After reading many of the threads on here, it is very apparent that this is just like any other forum that deals with elctronics or audio. There are those who can afford to put a $2k system in their car, and that great! There are some who think that if you don't have 2k watts and 4 15" subs then you shouldn't have a system. There are those who just want a system that sounds better than their factory and don't really know where to start and listen to those who have a $2k system say " kenwood is junk" "mtx is garbage" "if you get a 12" that's not an infinty jl, don't bother getting a system".....my take on this; if it works for you then buy it, don't sty and stretch your budget for a system that you know is too much for you.... honestly, most of the guys who have 1k+ watts don't use the full wattage on a daily basis or are in cometition. Listening to that much bass on a regular basis will damage your ears! I have a kenwood 12" sub and an amp that pushes 300 watts rms, and it shakes all my windows, gives me a good massage, etc and that's at half gain. Granted it dosent makes all the cars at the light look at me, but who cares! They'll be gone in about 20 seconds anyway! My front stage are some pioneer's from the flea market and they sound fine running off the head unit. Spent $350 total for eveything (wires included). And I'm very happy. Anyway, all I'm trynna say is get what is reasonable to you, that's within your budget, and something you will actually use daily!
I would like to add that I'm not knoking those who have the really nice systems, I want one, just wouldn't put it in the car I have now......just knocking those who believe the "all or nothing" approach is king.
I've never had system envy so bad that I went on a forum to try and justify to myself that my $350 system is adequate.

I'm very well aware of that. I am a musician/part time studio engineer. The gain knob/input sensitivity is my best friend :)
You said "and that was only at half gain", like you were saying "imagine if I were getting the full 300 watts with the gain turned all the way up!"

Hell, if my amps were at half gain I wouldn't be able to turn my HU past 1/4 volume.

ppl will tell u to stretch a bit more cuz most of us here are never happy with a system, and have tried a variety of items in the car audio world...so ure getting first hand info on whats good and whats not..in the end it saves u money, not make u spend more of it

ppl will tell u to stretch a bit more cuz most of us here are never happy with a system, and have tried a variety of items in the car audio world...so ure getting first hand info on whats good and whats not..in the end it saves u money, not make u spend more of it
//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

x2... in my experience most that get into car audio buy cheap stuff and end up replacing it all because they find out a little more about what sq and spl is... for me, i want to get loud and sound good doing it, i love music and make beats in my spare time though... so maybe thats just me. i think most of us are trying to save new guys money in the long run by telling them not to spend 300 dollars on crap to find out later that if they add another 200 dollars they may be happier in the long run...

just my $.02

2kw + 4 15"s is retarded IMO //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.