Stereo works on workbench but not in car

Participant count
  • Participant list
Well, we don't know the car so it is hard to say. Sounds like no power or ground. Use the cars battery and hook it directly to the cars battery. If it works then you will need to know exactly the correct radio wires to use behind the dash, if it doesn't work... is your battery charged?

Its a Toyota Samurai '84. I just charged the battery. When testing the +12V and ground point where I want to connect the stereo it measures, well, +12V. But when I install the stereo then the voltage drops to zero.

Its a Toyota Samurai '84. I just charged the battery. When testing the +12V and ground point where I want to connect the stereo it measures, well, +12V. But when I install the stereo then the voltage drops to zero.
Pull the radio, connect the power +12v and ground where you want to connect them. Now wiggle the +12v wire in the dash and at the radio. See if it drops power. Do the same for the ground.

What kind of radio is this??? Aftermarket? Yellow, Red and Black wires?

"What kind of radio is this??? Aftermarket? Yellow, Red and Black wires?"

It's a NIPPON AMERICA, K (something something) 750QR, auto reverse cassette player, AM/FM MPX Stereo radio with digital display. It's quite out of date, but with a dedicated CD input.
Yellow, red and black wires.

"What kind of radio is this??? Aftermarket? Yellow, Red and Black wires?"

It's a NIPPON AMERICA, K (something something) 750QR, auto reverse cassette player, AM/FM MPX Stereo radio with digital display. It's quite out of date, but with a dedicated CD input.
Yellow, red and black wires.
If THX0ne suggestion does not solve the problem, run the power(red) and (yellow) wire together to a fuse in the fusebox that`s Hot(on) constantly and Ground the Black wire to a known ground-wire or grounding point on the car...this will telll if there is a wiring harness problem in the Dash

If THX0ne suggestion does not solve the problem, run the power(red) and (yellow) wire together to a fuse in the fusebox that`s Hot(on) constantly and Ground the Black wire to a known ground-wire or grounding point on the car...this will telll if there is a wiring harness problem in the Dash
Ok my workbench, I only have to connect the red for +12V and the black to ground. Yellow, I believe, it an auxiliary output for a the electric antenna or an amp.

Suzuki also made a vehicle called Samurai, but it's about have the size of the Toyota. You con Google it: Toyota FJ-60.

Ok my workbench, I only have to connect the red for +12V and the black to ground. Yellow, I believe, it an auxiliary output for a the electric antenna or an amp.

Suzuki also made a vehicle called Samurai, but it's about have the size of the Toyota. You con Google it: Toyota FJ-60.
so which wire is for Memory on your HU if yellow is for remote or Ant.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...