What wires do I need and how should I run the cables?

Ninjastar
10+ year member

Hi all.

1-I have 2 sony xplod(the red ones)1200w and a interfire 2400w amp and was wondering what wires do I need to connect everything?

2-How would I connect it to my dash board?

3-How would I run the wires from the back to the front?(ZJ 93 Jeep grand cherokee limited 5.2lt)

If you have to ask, you probably shouldn't do it yourself, for your own safety //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crap.gif.7f4dd41e3e9b23fbd170a1ee6f65cecc.gif

So whats the difference between what we all 3 choosed?
The wires are made of different materials.

Some are good, some are bad. Knukoncepts makes good stuff. Stinger makes better stuff, but costs a bit more. What you linked to...well I'd keep a fire extinguisher handy...

As someone has said, they purchased off-brand wire and it melted on them. when it comes to RCA's and speaker wire, off-brand wire will skimp on the shielding, so you might notice some static noise when you connect them to your system.

And sony xplod's are a bit over rated. If you bought them recently, I would defiantly return them. Although sony's amps are 'rated' for lets say 1200 watts, they only produce about 600 clean watts.

clean watts = unclipped signal

when your signal is 'clipped', your amp is stressing itself to produce the amount of power your demanding of it. You might hear some static noise in your music. Clipping will destroy your speakers, subwoofers, and amplifiers.

Let us know what you think your going to do before you do it, so you don't make any mistakes.

The wires are made of different materials.Some are good, some are bad. Knukoncepts makes good stuff. Stinger makes better stuff, but costs a bit more. What you linked to...well I'd keep a fire extinguisher handy...

As someone has said, they purchased off-brand wire and it melted on them. when it comes to RCA's and speaker wire, off-brand wire will skimp on the shielding, so you might notice some static noise when you connect them to your system.

And sony xplod's are a bit over rated. If you bought them recently, I would defiantly return them. Although sony's amps are 'rated' for lets say 1200 watts, they only produce about 600 clean watts.

clean watts = unclipped signal

when your signal is 'clipped', your amp is stressing itself to produce the amount of power your demanding of it. You might hear some static noise in your music. Clipping will destroy your speakers, subwoofers, and amplifiers.

Let us know what you think your going to do before you do it, so you don't make any mistakes.
So even though I have a 2400w amp it wouldnt help it and is it 600w in total for both subs or 1200w for the both?

So what cables would you use or buy? Should I go to an audio store to purchase the cables or can I go to best buy or something? And what do you think is cheaper and more efficent buying the cables and doing it myself on the weekend or going to an audio store?

So even though I have a 2400w amp it wouldnt help it and is it 600w in total for both subs or 1200w for the both?
So what cables would you use or buy? Should I go to an audio store to purchase the cables or can I go to best buy or something? And what do you think is cheaper and more efficent buying the cables and doing it myself on the weekend or going to an audio store?
Buying online is usually the cheapest and most efficient way to go. KnuKnocepts is definitely your friend when trying to buy anything wire related. 100% reliable and usually cheap. Try to stay away from your local audio stores. Unless you know for a fact that they can do things well, they probably cant.

But why are they so cheap compared to the stinger? Is it all because of the brand?

Alring I found out how to run the wires from the back to the front but now Im wondering how would I connect the amp and sub to the HU?

But why are they so cheap compared to the stinger? Is it all because of the brand?
Alring I found out how to run the wires from the back to the front but now Im wondering how would I connect the amp and sub to the HU?
Sub connects to amp. Amp connects to HU by RCA and remote wire.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.