What wires do I need and how should I run the cables?

Let me not confuse, just clarify for myself and maybe it will help you. What are the fuse ratings on the amp? Unless I am missing something it seems as though that many "watts" through a 4 awg wire is not a good idea. Sometimes times those "watts" you see are overrated numbers. Meaning it is only for like 5 seconds at a crazy high voltage that it can produce those numbers. I am just saying this in order to keep fires from coming out. Like stated above you may want to go with a more effecient CEA- compliant amp. For wiring go here WIRE Helps me out. I am just a paranoid guy though.

Ohh and I idk if this helps but my HU is a DEH 45Dh by pioneer.

And that link just made me alot more confused on what kind of wires to get.

What is the bottom 2 rectangles? Is the far right the amp and the left the HU? And im guessing that the front ovals are speakers and the rear are the subs?

bad picture sorry.

top rectangle is the HU

bottom left is the sub amp

bottom right is the speaker amp, which i realized you arent installing

top circles were speakers, which you werent installing

bottom circles are subs

Okay all the wires are done and ran throughout the car. Now I got me some problems and heres what I have done.

I connected the remote wire to the blue/white cable and started the car and nothing is on. Then I tried using the cigrette lighter connecting it to the red/blue one which I assummed to be positve because their were only 2 blacks and an orange. Started the car agian and nothing happend. But then I started to notice a few things. I was trying to lower my window and it became slow. tried turning on the radio and nothing works, tried locking my doors with the switch on the driver side and nothing works and notice that my head lights became slow on turnning on.

What did I do wrong?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.