Infinity BassLink install using rear speaker wires without losing rear speakers

Ethan5150

CarAudio.com Newbie
Hawaii
Hi folks, I'm sure someone has already answered this (probably multiple times) but I can't seem to find a solid answer. I'm looking at buying a car that I know does NOT have RCA outputs on the stock head unit. I don't want to replace the unit but I do want to install an Infinity BassLink (powered subwoofer). I've seen multiple people suggest just "stealing" the wires going to the rear speakers and running them into the BassLink. So I really have two questions: First, is there a way to do this without losing the two rear speakers? Can I "split" the signal so I have the rear speakers AND the sub working? And second, is there a BETTER way to do this (keeping the rear speakers while gaining the sub) that I should be aware like using the AudioControl LC2i that I saw someone else suggest (https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08GH3B3PW/?tag=caraudiocom-20

Any help or suggestions would be most appreciated!

Thanks Jimi77 - so you're saying I can literally just tap into the rear wires and split off into the amp/sub while leaving the rear speakers hooked up too? I thought that would cause impedance issues or something...?

Thanks Jimi77 - so you're saying I can literally just tap into the rear wires and split off into the amp/sub while leaving the rear speakers hooked up too? I thought that would cause impedance issues or something...?
That's exactly what I'm saying. It won't cause an impedance issue because the input impedance of the basslink is probably around 10k ohm.

Last question: is there any benefit to using a low level converter to run RCAs into the sub/amp instead of using the speaker wires?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...