What wire gauge to use?

Participant count
  • Participant list

Only The Best
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
texas
so for two sets of component 150 rms speakers ran off of a possible 200x4 RMS amplifier

and for a 2800 rms amplifier running a 2000 rms subwoofer

so question is

1. Gauge for the amplifier to the components

2. Gauge for the Battery to the Amp for the speakers

3. Gauge for the amplifier to the subwoofer

4. Gauge for the Battery to the Amp for the subwoofer

Thank you.

so for two sets of component 150 rms speakers ran off of a possible 200x4 RMS amplifier
and for a 2800 rms amplifier running a 2000 rms subwoofer

so question is

1. Gauge for the amplifier to the components

2. Gauge for the Battery to the Amp for the speakers

3. Gauge for the amplifier to the subwoofer

4. Gauge for the Battery to the Amp for the subwoofer

Thank you.
How is your electrical overall? Do you have an upgrade alt, extra batteries, big 3 done?

1. 14g

2. 4g

3. 10g

4. 0/1 or 0/2

You would probably have a couple of runs. You're going to need to upgrade your electrical first though.

I would use two runs of 0 gauge to the amplifiers or you could do one run of 0 gauge to a distribution block then 0 gauge to the amps which is cheaper but id prefer personally to do two runs of 0 to the amps. Then either a 12 or 14 gauge to the speakers from the amp and a 8 or 10 to the subwoofer(s)

I'm going to get a singer alt from "MYLOWS" im pretty sure he could fill you in on which one that is, and I havent figured out which battery or batteries I'm going to use. I'm not sure I need to use two batteries

I'm going to get a singer alt from "MYLOWS" im pretty sure he could fill you in on which one that is, and I havent figured out which battery or batteries I'm going to use. I'm not sure I need to use two batteries
I can take care of the batteries and all the wire to

more affordable than ebay? //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

and I was curious on another persons input on a singer 275a alt with a 6pin bypass vs. a 320a mechman alt...

more affordable than ebay? //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gifand I was curious on another persons input on a singer 275a alt with a 6pin bypass vs. a 320a mechman alt...
Cool I think mechman rates at max amps if that's the case them singers alt is 310+ amps. Usually around 325 max the hairpin alts get more power at idle than regular alts and last much longer. Conventional alts over /25 amps tend to burn the bearings out quicker than smaller amp alts. Don't have that issue with the hairpin alts. Also the bypass allows you to keep the voltage higher where without it the computer control the volts and keeps it lower I can compete with online pricing for batts. But. I get fresh batts ready to use from xs power not batts that have been sitting on the floor for a year like some

Cool I think mechman rates at max amps if that's the case them singers alt is 310+ amps. Usually around 325 max the hairpin alts get more power at idle than regular alts and last much longer. Conventional alts over /25 amps tend to burn the bearings out quicker than smaller amp alts. Don't have that issue with the hairpin alts. Also the bypass allows you to keep the voltage higher where without it the computer control the volts and keeps it lower I can compete with online pricing for batts. But. I get fresh batts ready to use from xs power not batts that have been sitting on the floor for a year like some
what would you suggest... do I really need 2 batteries?... I would prefer to use one, if possible... and I was also wondering how the setup would be considering the one member suggesting doing a double run of 0 ga to the sub amplifier. Is there a way to do that without having lumps all under the carpet and making it clean and be able to run the speaker wires without running them along-side the power wires?

Yes. You'll need both runs of wire unfortunately Run them next to the tranny tunnel power and ground on one side and speakers and rcas on the other also you'll need 2 batts. You can replace the one under the hood and add one in the back. Done

Yes. You'll need both runs of wire unfortunately Run them next to the tranny tunnel power and ground on one side and speakers and rcas on the other also you'll need 2 batts. You can replace the one under the hood and add one in the back. Done
could you give me a round-a-bout price on the wiring alone?

and the batteries you reccomend?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.