need some help / advice

Participant count
  • Participant list

propster83

I bought a memphis box with 2 - 12 inch subs , they are 12 inch m class subs , im not sure if they are single or dual coils , im assuming single since the box only has 4 terminals , 2 + , 2-. the box is a memphis box. also i think whatever they are , they are 4 ohms , i looked everywhere online for 2 ohms and didnt see any no where . the store sold me a 16PRX1500 also . he said it was plenty power for the 2 subs. i think he is wrong , i think they are under powered but im not sure , if i run the 2 subs parallel they run 2 ohms from amp , amp says 350 watts @ 2 ohms , 500 @ 1 ohm but there was a certificate stating it was tested at 590. so i think im only getting around 175 watts out of each sub. can you clarify please

what would be a better amp to get better performance

so i called where i got the box and they say they are DVC , from what i read i guess they are getting enough power 590 / 2 , 295 watts a piece , i guess thats not much they are 300 rms each , i thought they would sound better then what they do

i need some better subs i guess , i wanted some subs and some bass so went and spent to much money and could have gotten something better for same price , its cool tho , can i put more power into those subs? rms is 300 , im @ 295 so i dont know if id kill them, this is my first system , kinda new to all this

i need some better subs i guess , i wanted some subs and some bass so went and spent to much money and could have gotten something better for same price , its cool tho , can i put more power into those subs? rms is 300 , im @ 295 so i dont know if id kill them, this is my first system , kinda new to all this
after impedence rise you're probably not seeing the 295 you think you are.. I'd put some more power to them but not a ton more.

take them out the box and have a look..... you might have one blown, you might have two totally different subs with the same dust caps, you might be able to wir them differently to get the most pwr from your amp.

Don't guess. First pop them out of the box, visually check if they are SVC or DVC and measure the DC resistance of each voice coil with a DMM. There are so many things that could be going on here, including a blown VC or two. Or could be a simple fix.

Once you check things out and measure the DC ohms, post back for advice.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.