What Was Your First Setup?

1994 - A Hitachi pullout tapedeck, Punch 45 on 2 sets of Altec's 5 1/4" components, Punch 100 DSM on 2 - 12" Rockford Fosgate Series 1's.

two 12" Crossfire 12's in a band pass box powered by a 800 watt 2 channel Performance Technique amp, Sony Xplode fold down deck, 52x4, stock insides,

instantly knew that this setup was not loud nor good enough and I have done countless upgrades since

lets hear it for radio shack!

lmao

I worked at radio shack, stole 2 pairs of 5x7's, a pair of 8" subs, and 2 miserable amps to power it - I remember reading 10% thd and not knowing what it meant. lol

had a panasonic headunit, some p.o.s.

thumbs up for a total cost of $0 though

edit: there was some good that came out of it: I screwed around with it until I figured out how to install things... always good to teach yourself on something that you wont mind breaking

My 1rst REAL system consisted of a Pioneer cassette deck (may have been a JVC or Aiwa. I had all the above in the early going. My last cassette deck was a Denon and my 1rst CD player was a Aiwa, I remember that much).

Amps: two Pyramid 75x2 watt amps

Subs: two 12" MTX Blue Thunder subs (well at least by 90' I had BT subs, might have had thunder series 1rst)

Speakers: all I remember is they were 6x9's on the rear deck

circa 89'

I had each Pyramid bridged two a Blue thunder sub and the deck powering the 6x9. I was in the top 3 loudest systems in my town (89'). Yes the town was that small, it was north jersey home of a million small towns side by side.

first i had dodge daytona

audiovox tape deck

pioneer 6.5 and 6x9

4 tens ran off of radio from a home setup my mom had

then 2nd i got

new 95 ford probe in 95

sony tape deck xr 430

sony changer cdx u404

sony components 6.5 front

sony 5x7 rear

sony 4 channel amp

sony xec 1000s crossover

cerwin vega dvc 12

punch 45

my only upgrade was i blew the vega and got a JL i did care much for the JL then i got

sony subs that i had for the next 7 years

then got rid of the punch and the sony amp and got us100 and a us150

and after i got the new amps that system rocked

My first setup was in a 83 toyota pickup truck 4wd. It is as follows:

American Pro Cd player (hacked a hole in the dash to make it fit)

pair of Boss 6x9's

Crunch 125 x 2 amp

old 5inch square pioneer coaxials with horn tweeters

There wasnt much bass, but it was loud because of the very small size of the cab. It wasnt the best sound ever but it taught me alot about installing. It taught me that the more time you spend, the better the outcome is.

sorry, no model numbers. most this equipment I no longer have because of theft or sale. It is all also out of production.

1985 4 door white Delta 88

Denon deck that had a tape player and the whole thing slid out not just the removable face plate like we have now

Stock speakers which were great I'm sure

Really large box built by myself with 1 12 inch fosgate and 1 12 inch Kicker circa 1988.

Black Coustic 190 which I probably had wired to 16 ohms. pushing 45 watts

Panasonic cd player, low level

stock fronts

stock 6 x 9s

one legacy sub, one that i cant remember the name of

alternated between a pyramid amp (those ass ugly purple ones) and an optimus

Replaced with:

same deck

infinity 4 x 6 plates

2 sony xplod 10"s in a targa box with the tweeters in the box //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/uhoh.gif.c07307dd22ee7e63e22fc8e9c614d1fd.gif

sony xplod 6 x 9s

big soundstorm amp (again, //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/uhoh.gif.c07307dd22ee7e63e22fc8e9c614d1fd.gif )

Replaced with:

panasonic touch screen deck

same infinity plates

infinity 6.5" in place of the 6 x 9s

two PG ti15"s, sealed prefab

tantrum 1200.1

Replaced with:

same touch screen deck

same infinity plates

no rear fill

RE HC 12", nicely build ported box

Hifonics Brutus 1500, switched to ED 9.1

Replaced with current setup in process of getting it in:

Pioneer 860MP

RE series components

ED 9.4 for comps

Phoenix Gold Basscube

RE XXX 15", ported custom built box

Adire REVO 1500 amp (which replaced a viper 2500), but the amp may be replaced with a modded MTX

Hopefully this one lasts for a while. This is all in the space of a little over a year, too.

My questions to all of you are:

What was your very first car audio setup?

Roadmaster tape deck with a roadmaster eq/amp thingie and two roadmaster 6x9's

Did you like it? Was it what you expected?

I kept hearing about how you could bridge amps so I tried bridging this amp and it caught fire.

How long did it last before you upgraded?

Not long after it caught fire.

Second setup was 2 kicker 10" and not sure of type cause the dust cap was missing. Alpine tape deck and two roadmaster 6x9's //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

I had about 10 complete different setups over the next 2 years ranging from roadmaster to rockford fosgate and back to pyramid super blues :p

Car - 1989 Pontiac Sunbird LE sedan

Head Unit - JVC (can't remember/find model #)

Speakers - Stock

Speaker Amp - None

Subwoofer(s) - 2 12" Rockford Fosgate Punch Zs

Subwoofer Amp - Rockford Fosgate 301M Mono amp

Subwoofer Enclosure - Sealed prefab 1ft^3? per chamber

I couldn't really tell how it sounded because it rattled my trunk lid so **** much. From what I remember, it wasn't terrible. I had it for about 6 monthes (got it for Christmas '04 and got rid of it when I sold the car about this time last year).

My first setup was in my 1988 mustang 5.0L hatchback...

HU---sony x-plod removable face (52x4)

components---stock

subs---(2) 12" MTX Thunder 3000

Box---Bandpass box (around 2.5 cubes)

amp---Sony X-plod 800 watt four channel

It slammed pretty **** hard for two cheap mtx subs ($99 for the pair). Wish i still had it...i gave it up when i got my 2000 mustang gt. The bandpass box wouldnt fit in the trunk.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.