What was your first car audio set up?

lol i carpeted the whole thing and made it for 2 12s.. then actually got the subs and they were 10s so i screwed a piece of wood with 2 10" holes on the face of it.. then screwed 2 pieces of wood over the "ports" (1 inch holes) because for some reason.. it sounded bad.. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wow.gif.23d729408e9177caa2a0ed6a2ba6588e.gif lol that was a long time ago, before i even had a car. i was just experimenting so i would know what to do when i got one.

EDIT: i could fart a better score than those.

a sony "1200w" that wasnt even listed under SONY usa's site, I had to go to the Korean site to get the specs.. and then translate them on google. lol.

Subs were Orion "cobalt force" subs. They rocked. lol

2 12" kicker comps in a prefab sealed box with a kicker ZR120 amp. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif someone stole it all tho.

Infinity Reference Comps off some ma audio 2 channel amp (absolutely no midbass from these comps).

Infinity Perfect VQ 12" that was "supposed" to be getting 400watts rms off an audiobahn amp.

I clipped the hell out of that sub when i was using that amp (~2yrs) and it held up like a champ, ended up selling it to a friend a couple months ago (after 3 yrs of use) and upgrading to what i have now.

12" Xplod in a crappy prefab bandpass box, running off some shltty dual i couldnt even find specs for. Started in the trunk, then moved it to my backseat for ultimate BASS!!!!

Ive come learn, I was an idiot back then

2 fultron depth charge 12's in a homemade bandpass box pushed by an original punch 40

this was back in 99

thought i was the &%$* cause the whole trunk rattled, now i look back and im like wow

what a tool i must have looked like.

About 1991

Denon Pullout cassette player running Boston Acoustics 6x9's in the doors

Autotek 7300 BTS Mean Machine running pair of Orion XTR 12's

All in a 1978 Blazer

substage - 2 JL 13W6v2's powered off a ED nine.1

comps - Focal 130V Polyglass's powered of a kicker kx200.2

hu - Kenwood Excelon KRC-789

knuconcetpz wiring all the way round, yellowtop in the front.

Man o' man lets see here my first system i did in 8th or 9th grade i believe, 16 years ago in my parents dodge 2 door lebaron did the install myself was with a kenwood kdc-7000 i believe that was the number back in the day, and built a baffle board using 2 Lanzar 12" open air subs using passive wire coil crossovers made by PAC way back when they were actuall wire wrapped around magnets for low pass crossovers using a I think a Pioneer gmh-100 and later was able to afford the good ol' soundstream 2 channel amp.. can't think of the number but was pretty sweet. But ya thats about it brings back memories.. lol

two 12" CVR ported running off of cadnece txa-1000d

6.5 rsd comps off of usamps is2080

all off of panasonic cq-8403u

pretty much what i got now except a 10" icon instead of cvrs..

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.