What type of wiring will make my sub louder?

Participant count
  • Participant list

grantbl95

I have a JL Audio 12w1v2-4 running off of a Rockford Fosgate P300-1. Right now, i have positive to positive, negative to negative. On the amp, the wires are bridged. What can i switch around and move to make the sub louder and have more power? Thanks in advance!!!

Your sub is a single voice coil, you don't really have wiring options lol, and that amp only does 150 RMS @ 4 ohms.

If you wanna get louder, I suggest upgrading your equipment.

I just build the box myself in the past few days actually. I did a great job and it sounds VERY good. Its a sealed box, made of 3/4 inch MDF wood. The power wire is 4 gauge i think (its pretty big), and the wire from the sub to the amp is pretty small (ive heard that it doesnt matter how big or small it is).

---------- Post added at 11:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:16 PM ----------

I figured i would have to do some upgrading lol. Thanks for the reply!

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.