what to use for next build fi or kicker

1loudZ71
10+ year member

iowa
right now i have 2 l7 15's in a 5.3 cf box tuned at 34-35hz running off 2500 rms. i already have another l7 15 and a 1000watt rms amp i was thinking about buying one more 15 and another 1000 watt amp to wall off the truck. but then i got to thinking for the money and the subs not being rebuildable would i be better off or the same with to fi 18's in a wall with alittle more power

i know ill have more core area with the 4 15's but the fi btls should take alot more power and last longer at peak power right?

I'd go with 2 btl's with anywhere from 4-6k watts to the pair. But my decision is based solely on the experiences i've had with either brand. With Fi you're also getting great customer service with a solid product. I can't say i've had the same experience with kicker.

here's the problem i forsee with your setup so far... if your trying to go for an SPL build, and really want to push your subs, i wouldnt mix and match amps like that. it can lead to very bad results with your subs.

and i would definately go with the BtL's... probably a N2

yea i just thought but that amp thing any im giving up all the kicker stuff and swaping out to something like sundown audio for the amps

if you want to add more power... i would sell the other 1000 watt amp you have, and buy another 2500.1... they are very solid amps... and strapping them together, to run 2 BTL's, would push them VERY nicely

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.