what system should i put in my mustang?

Participant count
  • Participant list

booban

based on the info idskot has told me i looked for the things he suggested but had trouble with finding a amp. if someone could tell me some facts on amps an how they work would be great. let me know what you think i should put in my car. i want something loud yet affordable.

here are the things i found will they work with eachother and will they be loud? i dont know how to get the pictures to work. sorry. but these items are on onlinecarstereo.com

Phoenix Gold RSd6

6" 2-Way 100W Car Speakers

50w rms 100w peak Price: $65.00

Phoenix Gold RSd690

6"x 9" 2-Way 160W Car Speakers

80w rms 160w peak Our Price: $78.00

Phoenix Gold Xenon X10D2

10" 800W Dual 2-Ohm Subwoofer

450w rms Sale Price: $129.00

Crunch P5000.5

1000W 5-Channel Powerzone Series Car Amplifier

Our Price: $149.00

RMS Power Range : 125-200 Watts

Number Of Channels: 5

Maximum Power: 5000 Watts

Built In Crossovers: Yes

Channel Separation: Yes

Features

3/5 Channel operation

RMS @ 2-Ohms 5-Channel Mode: 125W x 4-Ch + 200W x 1-Ch

RMS @ 4-Ohms: 60W x 4-Ch + 120W x 1-Ch Dynamic Music Watts

RMS @ 4-Ohms 3-Channel Mode: 200W x 2-Ch + 200W x 1-Ch Dynamic Music Watts

Bridgeable amplifier topography

MOSFET outputs

Illuminated Crunch logo

PWM digital power supply

Fully adjustable crossovers, Hi-Pass, Low-Pass, Bass boost /EQ and subsonic filter

Remote bass conrol included

Silver RCA line inputs & outputs - permit amplifier daisy-chaining

Silver power connections

Dual XDMR7700

In-Dash CD/MP3/WMA Receiver

Our Price: $115.00

you should def check out the classifieds section, great deals there. and as for speakers, if your gonna go with the rsd i would do comps n they can be found for around the same price.

How much do you want to spend total? What kind of music do you listen to? Have you factored in sound deadening and wiring/electrical upgrades? What year/body style Mustang do you have? Don't buy anything Dual!!

Your speaker choice is decent, as long as you are getting the components. Ditch the rear speakers. Even if you have rear passengers, if you set up your front stage right and provide enough power, it will be loud enough for the rear passengers to hear and you will be much happier having louder/clearer front speakers. You won't miss the rears. The sub choice is decent too, but it depends on who is installing this. I hope you're not going to buy all this stuff online and then take it to a shop...

Answer these questions and we'll get back to you...

you should def check out the classifieds section, great deals there. and as for speakers, if your gonna go with the rsd i would do comps n they can be found for around the same price.
x2

I have a '98 Mustang. I have 2x JBL GTO1002D's (10" 300 watts a piece) powered buy a POS Boss amp, then I have Hertz ESK165's powered by a JBL GTO 75.4 II (Got the JBL stuff for teh cheepz) with a Pioneer 6900UB head unit.

I'm hapyp with it. The rear fill is unnecessary. I say you ditch rear fill, and get some better comps for up front.

x2 with the rear fill get some nice comps and an amp to power em youl be much happier with the quality. ill do a quick search for ya and try and find some better equipment. oh and plz plz dont buy dual brand. might seem like great features but its all to draw the focus off of horrible performance/sq

im only 15 and dont know anything about car audio. so when you guys say buy some comps or dont buy anything dual im not sure what your talking about. my car is a 71 mustang, i just got it not to long ago and am in the process of rebuilding it. im just trying to learn about car audio and get a game plan on what i want to get in my car.

i am looking to spend under $1000. im pretty sure ill be putting dynamat allover the inside of the car. i just want a really loud system in my car and i want to learn about how all this works.

a lesson in how car audio works would be greatly appreciated. espeically about amps and subs.

well this is a great forum and almost everything you need to learn you can find jus by using the search button. buying comps refers to a component set, i.e. mids tweets and xovers. it is a much better option when going with a system because generally gets louder and clearer, especially wen you amp em. and when i said dont buy dual i was referring to the brand "dual" because they are a crappy product. almost everyone on here will tell you the same thing, do it right the first time. even if you have to wait a bit and spend a bit more in the long run you will be happier then having to keep replacing the shitty product you put into your car.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.