What subs?

Not old enough to drive muchless have a car to put a stereo in but hes "not that much of a noob"

He writes a more complete and punctuated sentence than gramps //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/rotflol.gif.b453361716769b8110ddefc85ff03cd2.gif

The **** you were smokin back then probably took you a 1/2 ounce to get high

---------- Post added at 05:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:24 PM ----------

What are you hatin on a younge bass head for? I can drive by the way

//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/popcorn.gif.32dd9e22fd77e77bc3c907062768fcd2.gif:popcorn://content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/popcorn.gif.32dd9e22fd77e77bc3c907062768fcd2.gif... wow
15?... I kinda remember 1982.... lotta bud I recall
The **** you were smokin back then probably took you a 1/2 ounce to get high 

---------- Post added at 05:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:24 PM ----------

What are you hatin on a younge bass head for? I can drive by the way
Not hatin at all... just watchin the show.

BTW... all there was back then in my local area was goldbud... seedy tons of stems and about $20 for a fat 2 finger bag.

Half ounce to get high?.. nah... 1 doob or less but not like todays hydro... man that's something else entirely.

Don't blaze anymore anyways... medical issues... lol

I have an Alpine SWS 12 and 10. The 10 is in a custom build ported box tuned to 35 hz and sounds really nice. The 12 I tried ported but didn’t have the right box size for it and so not surprising it wasn’t good. Sealed, the Alpine SWS 12 sounds very good on 500 watts from a JBL GTX 500 but it can’t match the Sundown SA 12 with just a little more power. I upgraded to a Sundown SA 12 and the Amp to a Infinity K-1000 with the SA-12 in the same box as the Alpine was and the Infinity amplifier de-tuned to 500 watts (for break in and needed upgraded electrical). With this combination the Sundown is capable of much more bass output than the Alpine. The Sundown is currently waiting for a 2 cude ported box, if only the weather wasn’t raining/snowing and 38 degrees outside every day.

So in my opinion if you want SQ than go with two Alpine SWS 10’s in a good ported box built for them (no pre-fab). If you want sealed the SWS 12 is a good budget choice. I don’t recommend it for ported because of the small motor and high Q, which is better suited for a sealed enclosure. If you want something that still has decent sound qaulity but can get really loud than the Sundown SA series is a solid choice.

I can’t speak for any other subwoofers named here because I have no experience with them but you will find the advice from many of the members here about the underground car audio brands supported to be solid advice.

For under $200 a sub your best options are Dayton Reference or Alpine Type-S. Both are designed for SQ, have good displacement capabilities, and work with moderate power and small-ish enclosures. Also you may want to consider a single 15 instead of dual 12's...usually a 15 will dig deeper. Someone was selling a couple SoundSplinter RL-P 15's on here not long ago...based off the legendary TC9 platform it will easliy out perform any combo of 12's mentioned in this thread.
My advice, grab a single 15, throw 800-100rms at it. Forget Skar and Kicker...Skar is garbage and unfortunately Kicker's quality has gone down hill over the last couple decades. Look to brands like Alpine, Sundown, JL, anything TC Sounds built, Image dynamics, Dayton Reference/Ultimax. Honestly the best value in subs right now would be Alpine Type-S...underhung motor/coil design, 15mm excursion, relatively shallow mounting depth, inexpensive, Alpine quality...and available in a 15.

Buy one of these: http://www.caraudio.com/forums/subwoofer-classifieds/636401-fs-soundsplinter-15s.html
3 of the soundsplinters are sold, I only have 1 left now. I may have a hard time letting it go. It’s absoutely mint!

IM gonna go with the 2 type s’s on the Kenwood 1000w rms with a 4 ha amp kit
I'm wondering if you got the box built yet? I got a plan for just those subs....

tfqwH5.jpg

I really don't know if it'll fit or be optimum for your application but it's ported for up to rated power and should do well if it's a configuration that'll work in your vehicle.

Medical issues?, The bud should fix it... Lol
Sent from my SamsungLife using Tapatalk
F'ing stroke at age 49... can't even drink anymore... so im learning new things atm... no more stressful jobs for this kid.

Over 2 years and I'm still recovering... it was a bad one... lol

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.