what sub should I get?

JarvisB
10+ year member

JarvisB
MI/DC
I am planning on getting a KX or ZX2500.1 and a 250A HO alternator along with 0 gauge wiring and a DD HU

I want something that will bump..

I would say I want more SPL than SQL.. so any suggestions?

I would love to not to take up too much space in back of my explorer if possible..

I used to have 2 10inch Fi BLs off 2k watt amp in 2.5 cu ft ported box at 32hz, but it was not exactly what I wanted, did not get as loud as I wanted it to be..

I had 2 15inch Qs off 1,200 watt JBL amp and I was pretty happy even though it was only 1,200 watts.. but the downside to this is that I had to have 7 cu. ft box for my 2 15inch Qs (3.5 cu ft chambers for each sub, ported in the middle)

So I am thinking maybe 2 15inch Qs again? can the box be any smaller than 7 cu ft to sound good? or it wont sound right?

or maybe 2 12" subs? I never had an experience with 12s before..

Another idea is to run one monster 15" sub such as fully loaded BTL or something like that..

Let me know what do you think, thanks in advance

I'd go for a solid single 15" setup. Something like a Fi Btl or Sundown NightShade. NightShades do well in only 3ft net volume.

Yeah I am tempted to get a high power 15 inch sub..

I have to admit, I am a Fi fanboy since my last 2 set ups were by Fi and I loved them despite the fact my 2nd set up was alright..

I liked my 15 Q alot so I can imagine myself liking a fully loaded BTL..

fully loaded BTL will handle 2500 with no problem at all correct?

I might consider a RE MT..

Since kicker 25000.1 is a 2 ohm amp so that means I will need a D1 sub, correct?

P.S. I am not sure about upfiring since my last set up, I had the subs upfiring and I found it as a hassle since sometimes I have to be exrtra careful when I am in the back since the subs are exposed so I have to put things around it.. also, I am always afraid that my suv would be broken into.. so I am thinking about building a box with like 5+ inch stand on the bottom so I can downfire the sub and put my 2500.1 amplifier under the box so that way everything is not visible.. But i would still want the ports firing towards the back.. not sure if i am clear about this but that is my idea as of now.. also I would wrap the box in leather to match my interior..

I m adding CD Omega 15 inch sub to my list for now.. pics and some reviews sounds like they are legit and their sub looks sexy

Yeah I think I ve decided that I want a 15 inch CD Omega and KX/ZX2500.1 in 3 cu ft ported box..

I am currently talking to a member here to sell me a pioneer 900 BT, which is a nice DD HU

everything is coming along! woot!

but it ***** that i wont be having any of my equipment installed until this spring when I get home from school.. No way I am going to have my stuff in my explorer here in DC, it would be stolen in few days lol..

Yeah I think I ve decided that I want a 15 inch CD Omega and KX/ZX2500.1 in 3 cu ft ported box..
I am currently talking to a member here to sell me a pioneer 900 BT, which is a nice DD HU

everything is coming along! woot!

but it ***** that i wont be having any of my equipment installed until this spring when I get home from school.. No way I am going to have my stuff in my explorer here in DC, it would be stolen in few days lol..
Good call on the sub! I've been thinking about upgrading to a 15 myself. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/thumbsupwink.gif.129404938effda6ad9cca39e7f4b58a3.gif

yeah after talking to Terra and doing a little bit of research; I am convinced so I am gonna purchase it anytime soon..

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.