What size terminals for KNU CCA 1/0?

Participant count
  • Participant list

jjminch

Hey guys quick question. I have some of the Knu Concepts CCA 1/0 wire. Will be using that for my main run and then OFC 4ga to the amps.

I know the wire is oversized so would like to order some terminals that fit right the first time. I have a hammer crimper, so where is a good place to get them and what size? Thanks

[quote name='jjminch']Hey guys quick question. I have some of the Knu Concepts CCA 1/0 wire. Will be using that for my main run and then OFC 4ga to the amps.

I know the wire is oversized so would like to order some terminals that fit right the first time. I have a hammer crimper, so where is a good place to get them and what size? Thanks[/QUOTE]

I have the same Knu wire, and I fit it quite well into 2/0 lugs. it took a little work, but those I found were the best size for the wire. I'm sure you could get away with using 1/0 lugs, but it'd be much harder to fit the wire in. I used copper lugs I bought at Napa, which are about $2.50-3.50 a lug. Pricey, but worth it. Or talk to @mylows10 ; I think he sells terminals and lugs.

Hey guys quick question. I have some of the Knu Concepts CCA 1/0 wire. Will be using that for my main run and then OFC 4ga to the amps.
I know the wire is oversized so would like to order some terminals that fit right the first time. I have a hammer crimper, so where is a good place to get them and what size? Thanks
I have them. 100% copper with heat shrinks

I get mine from delcity.com Have you considered about soldiering them for a better connection?
I ended up going with a set from Sky High. Good price and included some heatshrink. I solder all the small wires, but don't have the setup to do wires of this size. I do have a nice hydraulic crimper and I'm my opinion the connections are better than anything I could solder.

I like the Sky crimps because at least from the pic they look heavy duty, something like a commercial application.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.