Few Install Issues - Need Help

Knowmadic
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
Just got finished helping my friend with his install, looks like he did everything correctly to me but we're having some issues and I've run out of things to check troubleshooting wise. His Kicker ZX400.1 is flashing between the power light and protect light, back and forth, no sound. Problem persists without RCA's. Amplifier has worked before. Proper 2ohm load is on the amp. Pioneer 2 channel is only playing through front left speaker (comps). Right is making no sound, speaker wires have voltage going out. Ground does not appear to be the issue, well sanded, and tightly secured down to the frame of the car. What do you guys think the issue is?

Right side could be touching somewhere, on the mono amp,unhook the evasion and speaker wires and see if it still does it...

How old are the rcas?

kicker amp sounds like it might be toast. as for the 2ch did you swap l and r rca's to see if the problem jumped sides? do the same with the signal output to the speakers as well. if the problem doesnt change then the problem will be between the amp and speakers. You may have to get into the door panel and make sure everything is connected solid and getting signal.

A chip from chrome plating from RCA, a piece of foil from gum wrapping or even a strand of carbon fiber will surely do the trick heck even saliva could prolly do damage before it boils out and evaporates.

Figured out the right speaker, metal wasn't fully in contact with the other. The amp appears to be fried.. No speaker/RCA's and it still behaves like it is. Any ideas what might have caused it? Less then 1 year old

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.