• 8"

Votes: 2 33.3%
  • 10"

Votes: 4 66.7%

• Total voters

BumpinKota
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
i would think you'd get "huffing" or port noise with one giant port like that, i could be wrong?

been wanting to know the answer to the same question in regards to my 2 hdc3 18s and the 4 sa-15s that are getting swapped in.

Provided that they're the same port area, the single port will have less chance for port noise. This is mainly because you're trying to move the same amount of air, but with the two ports you have more internal surface area for the air to pass over, as well as more edges also. A properly sized single port with rounded edges is the easiest way to ensure no port noise.

One 8" with a flared end will be fine.

Edit* Might as well explain myself. Thanks to twistedkid and other online resources:

The whole reason people say you need 12 to 16 inches of port area per cubic foot of your box is due to port noise. I'm a little fuzzy on this but I believe the 12 to 16 inches gives the right amount of air turbulence to keep port noise at a minimum. For aeros, at least flared ones, the flared design keep down air turbulence, so you actually only need 7 to 9 inches or port area per cubic foot for flared aeros.

Simple math

7 * 6.5 = 45.5

9 * 6.5 = 58.5

So you want anywhere between 45.5-58.5 inches of port area

One 8 inch aero = 4^2 * 3.14 = 50.24 inches or port area, right in the ballpark.

I can get 2 10" flares w/ tube to make it 18" long for 50$ shipped im not worried. just wondering what would be the loudest/most efficient.

I can get 2 10" flares w/ tube to make it 18" long for 50$ shipped im not worried. just wondering what would be the loudest/most efficient.
u wunna PM me and lemme know where to get one? //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...