what should i pair with exodus anarchy

imfromstlouis
10+ year member

d.c.
Hey bought me a pair of exodus anarchy speakers and have some questions. this setup will be in a 2005 equinox. As of right now i have a ALPINE CDA-117, ROCKFORD P1000BD, JL AUDIO 300/4 that is not connected and 2 p3s in a ported box. The door speakers and tweeters are stock so i can not go pass 12 on the volume lol. So i bought the exodus to replace some of the door speakers. This is just somthing to keep me busy while i do my tour in Romania. So here are my questions.

1. i was thinking of installing them in the front doors and setup a 2 stage. what do you guys think of the Vifa xt25 to pair with the exodus? they will be running on a jl audio 300/4.

2. Another idea would be just to put them in the rear doors for midbass and find different speakers to run in the front for a 2 stage for mids and highds what do you guys think? Any suggestions on speakers would help a lot or set up.

p.s. i like loud and crisp highs i mainly listen to rap but i also listen to a lot of other stuff too.

The XT 25 is probably one of the tweeters that plays low enough to try with exodus. Some say you really shouldt try the exodus except as a midbass only. If you have the large format XT 25, those can play down to about 2500 with decent slopes and you will have to see if the exodus will play that high. Like I said many say no, but a few say they can work in a 2 way. The other thing you may want to watch is your amp. The 300/4 is basically 75 x4 and when it sees the 8ohm exodus you will really only be giving those speakers something like 50 watts. Just be aware that the exodus like a whole lot of amp. Some people are giving them close to 200 watts or more as midbass. To run them you may need a whole lot more amp and a treated door. Dont think about just throwing them in a door if they fit yours, they will rattle them up. In my pathfinder I am having to build pods just to deal with their depth issues.

The best way to deal with a midbass driver that doesn't play many octaves is to match it with a small midrange. In addition to improving power handling(of the tweeter, not the midbass), it will improve dispersion which makes aiming your drivers less critical. This makes everything about the music sound clearer and more legible.

The XT 25 is probably one of the tweeters that plays low enough to try with exodus. Some say you really shouldt try the exodus except as a midbass only..
I believe this has been debunked with actual measurements.

Tweeter is personal preference, IMO, get your favorite and test, if you don't like it, trade and test something else.

Im not sure about the actually measurements people are using, but I and and a few others run the large format XT25 down to 2500 with no issues. Weather he uses that tweeter or any other tweeter is really not the issue. I dont think the exodus plays up that high or that low depending on how you look at it(again depends on the tweeter he uses). There is a lot of discussion that there is break up above 1k on the exodus. Most likely he is going to have to use a mid or something to fill the gap and really treat it like a midbass driver only like Trumpet was talking about.

I say throw a 3inch mid in the a pillar or kickpanel and call it a day. Or you could get pioneers stage 4, 2 5/8" tweeter it's really nice and actually decently priced for stage 4 gear

well i kinda just want to use the exodus for mid bass duties only in the rear doors and i will use different speakers for the front doors. So the jl 300/4 is not enought power for just the exodus? Can you reccommned a amp for the exodus and i will just use the 300/4 for the front door set up. Also since im going with this set up what speakers do you reccommend for mids and highs in the front doors. my doors will fit up to 6.5".

They do sound good up to 2k.

Why not look into Scan speak tweeters or SB Acoustics tweeters?

I've used the Anarchy's & SB Acoustics large format tweeters & yes they sounded great together.

The mid will pound your doors, like little subs up front.

Don't worry about power, the JL amp is underrated.

You can also try a F.A.S.T. Setup....

Midbass in the doors or pods, with a full range driver in the dash.

Tang band, Hybrid audio, peerless, Markaudio, Vifa, etc....

wel i was going to put the exodus in the rear doors and put some 6.5 in the front with some good tweeters. So i will power the exodus with the jl now i just need to pick out some speakers for the front door and a god amp for them i might just get another jl for the front speakers. I will look into the sb acoustics.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.