What should i do?

Shawn 4
10+ year member

Im lookin at a ne system and im stuck at what to get. I dont want to spend more than 600. I can get 2 Alpine Type R 12s ported, 2 SE 12s ported, 15 XXX ported, 12 SX ported, or 2 p3s in a ported custom box. Need help and opinions.

Well, it depends on what kind of sound you're going for and what kind of music you will be listening to. Porting it will give a much punchier sound which is perfect for mainstream rap, heavy metal (nice heavy bass drum hits), and things with a generally thicker bass line and darker guitar sounds. However if you're looking for a crisper, clearer sound, sealed would be the way to go (music in the way of: underground hip hop, jazz, singer songwriter, and a lot of classic rock). Personally I like the sound of a sealed box better but that's just me. The best way to find out is to just go and listen to some at a shop and see which you prefer.

Well, it depends on what kind of sound you're going for and what kind of music you will be listening to. Porting it will give a much punchier sound which is perfect for mainstream rap, heavy metal (nice heavy bass drum hits), and things with a generally thicker bass line and darker guitar sounds. However if you're looking for a crisper, clearer sound, sealed would be the way to go (music in the way of: underground hip hop, jazz, singer songwriter, and a lot of classic rock). Personally I like the sound of a sealed box better but that's just me. The best way to find out is to just go and listen to some at a shop and see which you prefer

Except that he has more space since the cab is extended. You may look into bazooka bass tubes or something along those lines if you really wanna save space. I haven't been reading as much lately but I'm pretty sure that Q logic still makes a great box for trucks that will give you that punch that you're looking for AND save you space. You would obviously have more options if you went with the camry. You could get away with a ported 12 or two sealed 10s if you really wanted to. Or why not go all the way and just get a 15 inch Adire audio Brahma and slap it into a band-pass box! lol only joking. However, I'd look into Adire Audio for that perfect SQL sound you may be looking for.

Except that he has more space since the cab is extended. You may look into bazooka bass tubes or something along those lines if you really wanna save space. I haven't been reading as much lately but I'm pretty sure that Q logic still makes a great box for trucks that will give you that punch that you're looking for AND save you space. You would obviously have more options if you went with the camry. You could get away with a ported 12 or two sealed 10s if you really wanted to. Or why not go all the way and just get a 15 inch Adire audio Brahma and slap it into a band-pass box! lol only joking. However, I'd look into Adire Audio for that perfect SQL sound you may be looking for.
lol i can't believe you lumped a bazooka bass tube and an adire brahma in the same post //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/laugh.gif.48439b2acf2cfca21620f01e7f77d1e4.gif//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/rotflol.gif.b453361716769b8110ddefc85ff03cd2.gif//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/hilarious.gif.02a037aad04aa96f19982b298a3d70a8.gif

Hey man, his car not mine lol. Obviously if you were serious about soundin half way good you wouldn't bother with a Bazooka Tube...Trigger, I hope you didn't take that seriously and go and buy one. Go with what I said on a more serious note: a nice q logic box for trucks if you are gonna go with the extended cab or the ported 12 or sealed dual 10s.

PS: Also know that band-pass box was a joke too. Should have made it an Audiobahn for full joke effect.

Hey man, his car not mine lol. Obviously if you were serious about soundin half way good you wouldn't bother with a Bazooka Tube...Trigger, I hope you didn't take that seriously and go and buy one. Go with what I said on a more serious note: a nice q logic box for trucks if you are gonna go with the extended cab or the ported 12 or sealed dual 10s.

PS: Also know that band-pass box was a joke too. Should have made it an Audiobahn for full joke effect.

Prefab boxes blow ass. Don't ever recommend them again.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.