What should I add to my front stage?

Once amplified the Pioneers will give you a lot more output. Considering your HU is likely giving you less that 25 W. I would advise adding an amp, because those Pioneers are well regarded by those that are amping them.

Looking for more midrange.

Also, I have no complaints about the set, They sound great, but just not loud enough. I'm sure once I get an amp to them they are going to shine, any suggestions on an amp?

I feel like the midbass/tweeters really aren't keeping up with my substage, they sound great but not that loud. (I still have yet to run an amp to them) I currently have the Pioneer D series component set.
TS-D1720C - 6¾" Component Speaker Package with 260 Watts Max. Power | Pioneer Electronics USA

These ^ (and no way did I pay anywhere near retail for these)

I was looking at selenium tweeters & they look awesome, I know they can get loud but will they sound good? I'm mainly looking for tweeters that don't sound harsh, much like the ones I have now.

Any suggestions are accepted, even things people may be selling.
Just curious.. Is it possible you have the subs at full power at ex:20/50 volume before the speakers can get going? The speakers might need more volume to get to there peak on h/u power. My 6.5" candence comps(100rms/93 sen/pair) sounds plenty loud off my Pioneer 3200dvd, 8band eq is set flat, no sound enhancers on, -3 on the tweeters on all 4 xovers. I can't go above 29/40 or it'll get painfull..

Did you use the 75% volume guide when setting your sub amp?

I don't know what the 75 percent volume guide is tbh. But yes, I have set the gains down on my sub, but I can't seem to find a way where both my sub and front stage can shine. Because its either the sub is too quiet or the front stage is too quiet.

I don't know what the 75 percent volume guide is tbh. But yes, I have set the gains down on my sub, but I can't seem to find a way where both my sub and front stage can shine. Because its either the sub is too quiet or the front stage is too quiet.
hi=ow exactly are you setting your gains?

Typically they are at about half. I have tried turning them down from half and I just can't seem to find the sweet spot between my front and sub stage.

I don't see myself spending that much on a component set for a while, not saying its unreasonable just not at the time. But when it comes to that range I was looking at some lower level Focals & Morels.
lower level focals were not impressive to me. especially at the price. Hertz makes great speakers all around tho IMO

the pioneers u have will take 100 rms tho and get plenty loud and maintain clarity

Typically they are at about half. I have tried turning them down from half and I just can't seem to find the sweet spot between my front and sub stage.
ok bro... you need to do a search for "setting gains properly".... that will eleviate ALOT of your problems

a quick way is turn the gains all the way down.. then HU to 75% of normal listening, then adjust the gain knob until their loud enough w/o clipping and distortion

but thats not the best way by no means..

i like my diamonds. they sound a lot more smooth compared to my type Rs.

Memphis, Aura, RE XXX are great drivers if you can find them for a right price.

hat, hertz.

honestly, you just have to hear them.

Focals arent that impressive (lower levels)

a quick way is turn the gains all the way down.. then HU to 75% of normal listening, then adjust the gain knob until their loud enough w/o clipping and distortionbut thats not the best way by no means..

i like my diamonds. they sound a lot more smooth compared to my type Rs.

Memphis, Aura, RE XXX are great drivers if you can find them for a right price.

hat, hertz.

honestly, you just have to hear them.

Focals arent that impressive (lower levels)
so many things wrong with that post bro...

first... on the gain setting... no... at a minimum, you need to have a DMM. and its not always 75% of the HU's volume... some HU's go almost all the way to full tilit before they clip... but you need an o-scope to find out for sure...

and i dont think you have ever heard real focals bro... putting memphis and re's ahead of focals? really?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.