what next for my system?

what should be the next addition to my system

• Alpine HU

Votes: 6 75.0%
  • Profile 4 channel speaker amp

Votes: 1 12.5%
  • RE SE12 (1 or 2, dont know) a box (custom made)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • JBL600.1, JBL1200.1, or Hifonics BX1500D

Votes: 1 12.5%

• Total voters

wickedmax
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
im dying to get an RE SE12 and a JBL600.1 to get some bump in my trunk, but i definately have limited funds. Right now, i have a crappy sony aftermarket HU (face plate always randomly pops out) and Alpine type S coaxials all round. im happy with the speakers for now, but i really think they could use a 4channel speaker amp.

right now, i have about $240 saved up, i know its not much, but i lookin for a job (lol) and i just need to know what to get first.

- HU i want is a middle of the line Alpine. around $250

- Speaker amp i'm thinking of getting is a 4 channel profile with either 40W x 2 or 75W x 4. (open to suggestions, i just know profiles have a nice price tag). $100

- Subs, RE SE12's $160/ea

- Sub amp, JBL600.1 if i get one sub $180,

- if i get 2 subs i could get either a JBL1200.1 for about $230. or Hifonics BX1500D for $250

also which of these will make the biggest impact on my system.

* bad news...none of these prices include installation.

thanx for the help

I'm going to disagree with conartist for nothing more than for sake of argument... J/K //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

I don't believe that replacing your deck is the wisest use of your money right now. Although the audio signal starts in the deck, it has a rather low priority when you consider what affects the sound the most. My money? Look for a good 4 channel amp. If you like the way your speakers sound now, they will sound better with an amp, you can cross them over to prevent high volume distortion, and you are all setup to run a sub off the rear channels when you get extra "fundage"...

Too bad you didn't post this a week or two ago when I sold my old ESX Q1204 for about what you have. 120 watts per channel and 400 bridged... Nice amp for a simple or even more complex system...

Amp suggestions? I don't know what you can get for that money, but maybe an MTX 6304 off eBay? You'll have to look around, I'd look for 75+ watts per channel so you have enough power (250+ watts) to run a sub later. I don't really like the Profile amps, but they are ok enough for a starter amp...

i'd really like to have a seperate sub amp though.

the Type S speakers are 40W RMS / 200W peak would 50W x 4 be too much for them? or should i even go up to 75W x 4?

i'd really like to have a seperate sub amp though.
the Type S speakers are 40W RMS / 200W peak would 50W x 4 be too much for them? or should i even go up to 75W x 4?
Well for one, for lower power levels, there is no reason to need a separate sub amp. But you can always upgrade later. Working on a budget is all about upgrade ability...
And you can put pretty much any size amp you want on those speakers. If you listen to them, they will tell you when they are at thier limits. More power is better, especially if you want to upgrade to separates later on...

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...