What makes Kicker so bad?

1. stamped steel baskets

2. plastic cones

3. can't recone them

4. tacky styling

A few reasons why I will never run a kicker sub. I've also seen enough of them with build quality problems to turn me away.

Iv never owned kicker myself but the LOUDEST subwoofer system I have ever heard was 2 L7 15s on a 2500.1 in a tahoe. Sitting in a kmart parking lot watching the store windows flex an inch. However it sounded like ***

1. stamped steel baskets2. plastic cones

3. can't recone them

4. tacky styling

A few reasons why I will never run a kicker sub. I've also seen enough of them with build quality problems to turn me away.
kicker recone kit - Google Search

Kicker L7 basket stamped? - Google Search

Your list is flawed, (1) and (3). And number (4) of your list is just an opinion, lol. Then you admit you have NEVER run them, probably not the best person to be responding to this thread ........................you think? Just pointing out the facts bro.

I am a SQ guy. Not sure if you are OP, but the squares are very ehh for this purpose...

Speaker cones are generally round because a circle is a rather rigid shape, which is why 6x9s are more prone to distortion than their circular equivalents. The square cone is less rigid and more prone to distortion and while it does give you more cone area per sub, the resulting sound is sloppy and inaccurate in my listening opinion. If you want DEEBEEZ then they will work. yoochooz. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

So you'd never run about 98% of companies out there? As much as you want to believe, practically everyone uses the same stamped baskets.
Shhhh, don't tell anyone...........................wouldn't want the underground nuthuggers knowing that their brands sell-out in some areas too.

Your list is flawed, (1) and (3). And number (4) of your list is just an opinion, lol. Then you admit you have NEVER run them, probably not the best person to be responding to this thread ........................you think? Just pointing out the facts bro.
I don't have to have had them in my own install to know what they are about, son... //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/rolleyes.gif.c1fef805e9d1464d377451cd5bc18bfb.gif

And the last time I checked the baskets are stamped steel, and the only model you can get recone kits for is the solo-x.

Nice try though... you think? Just pointing out the facts bro.

Hey smarty pants.. why don't you take a guess at how many kicker subs with lifted spiders, surrounds, or bad solder joints I've repaired ?

Shhhh, don't tell anyone...........................wouldn't want the underground nuthuggers knowing that their brands sell-out in some areas too.
Oops, guess I'll conveniently disappear and not another word will be spoken about underground lovers and their precious 'hand tooled' :uhoh:baskets

I don't have to have had them in my own install to know what they are about, son... //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/rolleyes.gif.c1fef805e9d1464d377451cd5bc18bfb.gif
And the last time I checked the baskets are stamped steel, and the only model you can get recone kits for is the solo-x.

Hey smarty pants.. why don't you take a guess at how many kicker subs with lifted spiders, surrounds, or bad solder joints I've repaired ?
Beyond say, Jacob, give me 1 company that has actually gone to the drawing board and spend time/money designing a truly new sub. Oh that's right, only Kicker (squares) They made a brand new template for that 'stamped' basket (which btw stamped steel will hold up much better than any woofer in the world's cone, tinsel leads, or VC) so its a mute point anyways.

Guess how many Kicker products I've had fail over the years? I'll actually answer mine: 0

Then you are wrong.............L7 has a die cast basket and you can get kicker sub recones. Again, (1) and (3) of your list. So the last time you checked.....................was wrong son.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.