What is needed?

Participant count
  • Participant list

alligator

I am so far from being any type of car audio expert so please pardon my ignorance. I am working on a special project of my own. I am mounting a marine radio for a specific application on an airboat. Due to the ambient noise each rider will wear a corded headphone set.

I am looking for specific names of parts - The construction is not a permanent installation and will not even include radio functionality. The stereo will be used to play a looped CD or MP3 player for an airboat tour boat.

The power supply will 12 volt from the vehicles accesory port, and the stereo/cd player will be mounted in a padded and vibration resistant box (Already Built)

• I need an adapter of some sort to go from the speaker wires to 3 Headphone jacks (I need them to be the larger size jacks)
  • Is there a filter that can be bought and wired into the power supply to lessen ignition static ect from the exposed motor and simple wiring involved with this vehicle?

Thanks in advance, could you please name sites were I could buy such device's/parts, as well as if there is specific trade lingo for the part names.

you can try getting a line driver with front and rear rca outputs. Then get a rca to 3.5mm female conector and plug in your headphones that way. you would have volume control and can adjust it with the line driver. rca from the deck, goes into the line driver. some line drivers have aux in for mp3, ipod crap.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.