Found amp on road

Participant count
  • Participant list

paulzy

Ok i found a kenwood kac-7203 on the road side pretty smashed up i wasn't going to bother fixing it but it didn't look to bad, i know what your thinking just forget it but i actually got it to work and it thumps pretty hard but I'm still missing one part it's a small black 3 legged thing and is missing 2 legs i have tried googling the code without any luck, it seems to work without it but I'm wondering if it's important and what it is for?

also I'm thinking about using it for some 6x9's and i wanted to make sure my wiring would not fail, i was thinking about that spray sealant stuff that is used to water proof electronics.

Any thoughts or ideas on this subject would be great, just goes to show it's not dead until you say it's dead lol. has anyone done any crazy out of the ordinary fixes like this before? pics if you have.

Sorry if this is in the wrong forum, i honestly had no idea where to post this.

not a bad find,not a fan of kenwood amps.I would have left it there...but thats just me!!
Oh come on! if you found a visonik you would have picked it up just to say you found it. Any of us would. OP that is called a transistor. It is needed for the amp to function properly. Don't keep powering it without it. Send it off and have it fixed.

lol Ecrack i think if i sent it off to be fixed i don't think i would ever see it again, they would prolly dump it the way it is, if you can find me a source for this part or a part that would work i could easily do it myself.

lol Ecrack i think if i sent it off to be fixed i don't think i would ever see it again, they would prolly dump it the way it is, if you can find me a source for this part or a part that would work i could easily do it myself.
I highly doubt that seeing how you didn't even know it was a transistor.

Well if i found the correct part it's only a matter of soldering it in lols i think if i got this far I'm pretty sure i can put the part in //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif anyway would be cool if this thing don't crap itself within the first week.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.