What is a good budget amplifier for a single 12 inch SSA Xcon?

Ssa Xcon 12" 2.0cu box 32 hertz, stock electrical with 2.0 farad capacitor. Will be upgrading to big three later.
Why in the hell would you run a 1750RMS subwoofer on stock electrical ?
Stock electrical can barely give power at idle and even when driving most cars would struggle to fully power a 750W SSA GCON...... (you need to plan this better, stock electrical won't push a ZCON and capacitors are the devil).

.......and capacitors are the devil).
dana-carvey-snl.png

Some may disagree but I have a hifonix 2400 rms and it bangs really hard on my 2 12"S - I will add that the 12"s are only 600 rms each but it did the job at only about 190$

01f573aba5a609c86040fcebc39bdc94.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

[quote name='papermaker']I'm not to sure. i do believe so. when you get it give us a shot of the transistors..[/QUOTE]
@papermaker let me know your thoughts on the components

**** I just saw you wanted to see the transistors....uhhh I already put it back together, will these do? I don't want to take it apart again.

by transistors he meant fets, same thing just fets is a more specific term lol they're output transistors

you'd have to pull up the heat sinks on them to see what they are, im sure its readily available online somewhere.. i do know those caps arent the "best" but it really doesnt matter many many amps use them and its what you'd expect in those amps

the big black thing is the relay. the amount of transistors and size of the transformers is certainly impressive, they're common zenon boards with probably small modifications.

err... the more i look at it the more it looks like a ts1.8k, a zenon 2.1k board afaik..nah i lied just looked up the 1.8k it has another transformer, more fets, etc but the boards are very very similar

i'm not familiar with the capacitor brand but the layout looks rather nice. it doesn't ring a bell under the cheap **** category i've seen used in the past. i imagine they used upgraded parts from the original design..

there is nice separation between all the components.caps are 105C. without knowing the transistors though its hard to tell output potential. just gonna have to test output. i think its going to do fine..for the money it looks good

What type of vehicle are we talking about? Is it a 4 cylinder or V6/V8? I ask because you are talking about a lot of power.....which is just for the subwoofer. We haven't even gotten to an amp for your interior speakers yet. That's gonna put you well over 2,000 watts.

I'm gonna make 2 suggestions....

1) do the Big 3 upgrade and most of all......get yourself a High Output Alternator. Try Mechman's website out and see what they have available for ur vehicle. Ur gonna want to worry about your car being able to handle the power.....before just throwing stuff in it.

2) Next the amp. I searched the subwoofer and it says 1750 watts. I'm not sure if that's RMS or Peak.....but my vote goes for the Audison AV Uno. It puts out 1700 watts at 1 ohm. Now I don't know if u have the D2 or D1....but if ur subwoofer can do 1 ohm.....that amp is for you! The Audison Voce amplifiers are amazing, but they do draw lots of current. So you'll need plenty of power on board. Alternator and maybe upgrade the battery, or have an extra battery in the rear.

Whelp....that's my 2 cents. Looking forward to hearing what u decide to go with. Good luck bro

What type of vehicle are we talking about? Is it a 4 cylinder or V6/V8? I ask because you are talking about a lot of power.....which is just for the subwoofer. We haven't even gotten to an amp for your interior speakers yet. That's gonna put you well over 2,000 watts.
I'm gonna make 2 suggestions....

1) do the Big 3 upgrade and most of all......get yourself a High Output Alternator. Try Mechman's website out and see what they have available for ur vehicle. Ur gonna want to worry about your car being able to handle the power.....before just throwing stuff in it.

2) Next the amp. I searched the subwoofer and it says 1750 watts. I'm not sure if that's RMS or Peak.....but my vote goes for the Audison AV Uno. It puts out 1700 watts at 1 ohm. Now I don't know if u have the D2 or D1....but if ur subwoofer can do 1 ohm.....that amp is for you! The Audison Voce amplifiers are amazing, but they do draw lots of current. So you'll need plenty of power on board. Alternator and maybe upgrade the battery, or have an extra battery in the rear.

Whelp....that's my 2 cents. Looking forward to hearing what u decide to go with. Good luck bro

Big money banks over here suggesting a $1000 amp lol //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/greedy.gif.5a53e6246569d7ab79867170f3b06629.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.