What do you use to clean your car?

Lemans Ive got another question. Say I want to transition from ssr2.5 to ssr1(to polish) then glaze with RMG. I could still put AIO on after that right? Or would that be silly? Ive heard that AIO is needed to prep for KSG but would I be wasting time in there with the light polish and glaze? Its on a black car so I figured why not look into glazing. Oh and what kind of pad would you use to apply the rmg? And Im looking for a site that carries clearkote, is there one you like in particular? Im kinda bummed autogeek doesnt carry it.

Alex

cost me 3 dollars to wash mine, one rinse, one soap, and one wax, then dry the car with a rag. The rinse gets all the dirt and crud off, then the soap brush, and then the wax in a power spray all at the car wash. and looks mint after then I go home and vaccum the car, and every second gas fill put in a new airfreshner, and wash the car every saturday.

you could use ear wax

i just take my **** to get it detalied. thats whats happening with my new (for me) 65 //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/yumyum.gif.0556df42231b304b9c995aefd13928a8.gif :yumyum: //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/yumyum.gif.0556df42231b304b9c995aefd13928a8.gif ohhhhh yeahhhhh

You bought the Shelby!?!? I need pics..stat!

im finalizing the deal. it wont actually own it until i move back at the end of the semester. they agreed not to sell it to anyone else so as soon as i get my old job back (1000 a week) i'll have it. i'll post pictures up as soon as i get a chance. i would today but ya know.... its 200 miles away haha. i've been so busy i havn't had a chance to breathe

but yes, its basically mine right now. thank god for family friends. not quite sure what im gonna do with it though

yeah, its a 350 and its in pretty much mint condition. been in a garage for long as sin. its got a few pieces taken off of it that im guessing he was reconditioning. they're in a box. there is no body damage or rust at all. he himself dosen't know to much about it. i have yet to see the plates so to the best of my knowledge it could be a replica. i've driven in it and it sure is sweet as all hell, oh my god the sound.

and i know this sounds odd but im kindof hoping for insurance reasons among others, that it is a replica. as long as it goes, sounds, and feels like an origonal i'll be more than happy. it looks SOOOO SICK. if it is an origonal which i think it is it'll be doing alot of garage time (a.k.a. sitting there with me wishing i had money to spend on the insurance). in that case i might end up reselling it for a profit.

anyway its a great find, pretty much perfect condition except for a few door handles and **** that need installed again after being cleaned up/fixed etc. body's perfect, its been started every few months. few owners, etc. etc. looking foward to it either way.

plus it will be a great replacement to my 96 mustang gt conv that just sits in the garage because i hate it. not to mention i think its leaking gas, and theres no chance in **** im driving that fire bomb until i have time to fix it (it is also 200 miles away in my garage)

I would be scared to drive it if it were an original. If its a replica you could replace the engine with something alot more potent and not worry about resale and stuff like that.

i don't know if this has been said already but armor all is the worst thing you could use on your car. it dries out anything you put it on and makes it crack. i use blue Coral car wash and mother carabuna (sp) wax and mothers pre wax cleaner. cheap and works very good. for my wheels i use tire wet by black magic. glass- invisible glass. always try to use a foam glass cleaner(leaves less streaks) but this stuff is great and never leaves streaks. i use glass cleaner on my rims too. sorry if I'm late but hey i worked at a car wash for 2 years i have to have input lol.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.