What do you use to clean your car?

never used it, i use all devoted products for the interiors i do. leather conditioner, vinyl restorer, rubber dressing, etc. i DO use turtle wax NANO foam on my own tires. spray on, it runs off, tires are conditioned. water still beads up on 'em to this day (done 2 months back).

Detailing... yay!

Lemans knows what hes talking about... I'm on autopia too. Here are some of the products I use

meguiars wash

meguiars APC

S100

Nattys Blue Paste Wax

Poorboys SSR 2.5 and 2.0

Optimum Polish

3M Finesse It 2

Poorboys conditioner stuff

Forever Black

Tons of pads

Tons of MF

Porter Cable orbital

IMG_1132_2Medium.jpg

dont look at the rear bumper... needs a new paint job:crap:

i use meguiars car wash, turtle wax wet & black for the tires (best shine ever), armor all for interior... and when im done i have this stuff that came with my dads car, its an 'exterior renewer" and i apply afterwards for that extra shine.

are sealants the final part of the three step waxing? i've been on the cheap and just focusing on cleaner and polish waxes. since moving here i dust off the car and quik detail it to keep it clean. but i have plenty of cobweb swirls visible in direct light (my car is black clearcoated)

are sealants the final part of the three step waxing? i've been on the cheap and just focusing on cleaner and polish waxes. since moving here i dust off the car and quik detail it to keep it clean. but i have plenty of cobweb swirls visible in direct light (my car is black clearcoated)
no. you polish to remove swirl marks and imperfections, glaze (if you want to) for even more lustre and shine, sealant to protect the paint at the base layer, THEN you put on a wax. the wax is truly THE most inneffective means of adding shine to your vehicle. why would you want to gloss up something that looks shitty?

Realized that I didn't have any more soap to clean the car Friday so I called up my mom who was at Target and asked her to bring some soap...She brought something different I normally get Meguiars but she didn't bring that one...Didn't like the results too much:crap:

What'd she buy? I only use Eagle One car wash solution. It doesn't have any stupid "shine enhancers" or any fanfare. i think that this is why it gives me the best results (no ********, just a good gleam to start detailing on).

Lemans Ive got a question for ya, lol, Id appreciate any advice if your in the mood. I picked up some more stuff today thats coming and Im trying to plan out a weekend exterior cleaning bonanza for my car. But anyways I had some ideas on how to go about it and I wanted to know if there are anythings I should change. Anyways on to the fun...

Wash

Clay

Poorboys ssr2.5 (White or Yellow pad? theyre sonus pads)

*Glaze/Polish* After the 2.5 Ive heard that sr1 should be used, Im lost, what would you suggest?

Klasse AIO(Possibly white? Probably blue pad)

Klasse SG(Hand app)

Natty's Blue(hand app)

Im thinking im gonna need a polish between the AIO and the ssr2.5 but I dont know. Id appreciate some insight on this. Oh and I got some of that Klasse VLRP coming too. Oh and Im doing this to my black integra that happens to have a fair amount of swirls and micromarring.

Alex

Lemans Ive got a question for ya, lol, Id appreciate any advice if your in the mood. I picked up some more stuff today thats coming and Im trying to plan out a weekend exterior cleaning bonanza for my car. But anyways I had some ideas on how to go about it and I wanted to know if there are anythings I should change. Anyways on to the fun...
Wash

Clay

Poorboys ssr2.5 (White or Yellow pad? theyre sonus pads)

*Glaze/Polish* After the 2.5 Ive heard that sr1 should be used, Im lost, what would you suggest?

Klasse AIO(Possibly white? Probably blue pad)

Klasse SG(Hand app)

Natty's Blue(hand app)

Im thinking im gonna need a polish between the AIO and the ssr2.5 but I dont know. Id appreciate some insight on this. Oh and I got some of that Klasse VLRP coming too. Oh and Im doing this to my black integra that happens to have a fair amount of swirls and micromarring.

Alex
that looks like an A+ list, but i can' ttell you about the pads..i don't use sonus pads.

She bought Armorall...didn't like it too much...love armorall for the interior:thumbsup:
I've been biased against Armor-All products going way back to when it used to be worse than nothing at all. I've seen first hand how it caused more dry rot on dashboards (mine and others) than in areas that I didn't use it.

Of course this was 15 years ago and they've probably changed the formula since then, but like I said... Biased Against!//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/mad.gif.c18f003ab0ef8a0d9c27ca78d77a6392.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.