what do you think the most important component to an SQ application is..?

what do you think the most important component to an SQ application is..?

• Headunit

Votes: 14 19.4%
  • speakers: component or coaxials?

Votes: 42 58.3%
  • Speaker Amp

Votes: 3 4.2%
  • Sub / Amp combo

Votes: 3 4.2%
  • Other...please list

Votes: 10 13.9%

• Total voters
Yeah (*****passive*****) makes things more difficult to get set up but the rewards are worth it. as far as the Sinfoni preamp, it is about as nice as they get. My local shop has one is stock and demoed it for me. Talk about being able to take adavantage of your decks output. you just turn the volume of the deck up to just befor the point of clipping and then use the master volume on the preamp. this gives you the cleanest signal possible from your headunit.

You meant "active" right ?

Adam //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/offwall.gif.29a91b9b265d47af4b8e33fc5b558d18.gif

You seem to have some knowledge on higher end stuff. In your opinion, what are some the best graphic equalizers on the market as far as cleanliness, not so much for bands or features.?

Adam

You seem to have some knowledge on higher end stuff. In your opinion, what are some the best graphic equalizers on the market as far as cleanliness, not so much for bands or features.?
Adam
well I am using the XES system because it takes care of everything in the digital domain with out converting the signal to anolog untill it is ready for the amps. this is the best way to take care of any sound processing you need to do. that said there are a few standalone EQs on the market that will do this for your such as the Orion DEQ-30, this also has the time alignment you need to center your stage for your seating position or any position in the car for that matter. another key step to SQ. I am sure there are others on the market that will do this in a clean and easy fasion but i am unable to think of any at the moment. at any rate just look for Digital in and out, and time alignment if you can find those two things in your EQ you have probably found something worth cheching out. of course you will need a deck with Digital outs to do this as well. Check out the DEQ-30 though it has every in and out you can think of and they can be used in any combination so it will work with an anolog out deck and send the signal on in anolog so that you could use it while you save up to get a digital deck. It is a nice piece of equip. (go from it to a Sinfoni pre amp and then on to your amps and you would have a world class processing set up.)

But in the end I belive worth it.
That's the real difference, then. The only one that matters, to you at least. Do I believe it's worth it? Nope. I did once, and spent an ungodly amount of money because of it. Now I don't believe it's worth it, and you'll never get me to buy $1000 amplifier or HU again.

That's the real difference, then. The only one that matters, to you at least. Do I believe it's worth it? Nope. I did once, and spent an ungodly amount of money because of it. Now I don't believe it's worth it, and you'll never get me to buy $1000 amplifier or HU again.
I would never pay 1000$ for a HU or Amplifier either. I have never paid more than 500$ for an amp and that is a 6 ch. McIntosh. As for my XES system It was purchased brand new in the box for under 700$. I just know how to shop smart.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=52479&item=3070961177

I agree to retract my previous statement that the head uit is most important. What is Sound quality? To us as individuals sq is relative. To IASCA it is a spectrum reading of no more than +- 3db of a frequency across the spectrum(last I heard, its been a while). A sq application is a whole not an individual. It takes every item in the system combined to make it the sq system. We spend to much time dwelling on individual items thinking they will make all the difference. Granted, some items such as digital eq's, and Focal components make a big difference, but overall they aren't going to win a national event if they're installed in a Datsun b2-10 with more rust and holes than the Titanic. I think this thread should have read,"what is your favorite component in your sq application. I have so many toys now its hard to pick just one, but I will say the most important part of a sq application is the individuals brain.

I would say hu, speakers, amps and speaker placement. Before I had the Eclipse8053 I would have said speakers but there are just so many opitions with this hu. I dont think Ive looked at the road since I got it.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...