what do you think the most important component to an SQ application is..?

what do you think the most important component to an SQ application is..?

• Headunit

Votes: 14 19.4%
  • speakers: component or coaxials?

Votes: 42 58.3%
  • Speaker Amp

Votes: 3 4.2%
  • Sub / Amp combo

Votes: 3 4.2%
  • Other...please list

Votes: 10 13.9%

• Total voters
I must admidt that the pioneer ODR stuff is of the highest quality and has won some comps. sorry for the pioneer slam.
//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/nono.gif.eca61d170185779e0921b0faa9704973.gif Yeah, you better take that back mister //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/laugh.gif.48439b2acf2cfca21620f01e7f77d1e4.gif But seriously PRS amps are very clean in their own right. They aren't in the same league as say McIntosh,Brax,Xtant,Tru-Technology to name a few but clean none the less.

Adam

you are so correct about the prs amps. they are nice. I guess i am just focused on the higher end stuff, like the ODR, alpine F1, Mcintosh, brax, Sony XES, ect. . . that are the best of the best.

you are so correct about the prs amps. they are nice. I guess i am just focused on the higher end stuff, like the ODR, alpine F1, Mcintosh, brax, Sony XES, ect. . . that are the best of the best.
As far as decks are concerned, Clarion's DRZ-9255 (formerly the DRX-9255) should probably be in that group. Also, do you remember that Denon deck that had what was called Alpha processing? I had one of the other Denon decks (DCT-950R) which sounded amazing but mechanically it basically fell apart, **** shame.

Adam

P.S. on a side note........as far as amps are concerned, don't forget about Zapco. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/suave.gif.858fc102f7646e678ee8af7e1fbc41d1.gif

As far as decks are concerned, Clarion's DRZ-9255 (formerly the DRX-9255) should probably be in that group. Also, do you remember that Denon deck that had what was called Alpha processing? I had one of the other Denon decks (DCT-950R) which sounded amazing but mechanically it basically fell apart, **** shame.
Adam

P.S. on a side note........as far as amps are concerned, don't forget about Zapco. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/suave.gif.858fc102f7646e678ee8af7e1fbc41d1.gif
I have no personal experiance with zapco, but I have heard good things of the high end ZAPs. You also have to recognize Synfoni for the quality of the amps they make, they are rare but FANTASTIC. The seperation of the insturments and the transient responce is unreal. If any one would like to buy one of these TOP QUALITY amps let me know a local shop carries them. Im in portland oregon by the way.

I also have a McIntosh MC440M 6 channel amp for sale as well as some Focal Utopias and Dynaudios for sale let me know if any one is interested.

I have no personal experiance with zapco, but I have heard good things of the high end ZAPs. You also have to recognize Synfoni for the quality of the amps they make, they are rare but FANTASTIC. The seperation of the insturments and the transient responce is unreal. If any one would like to buy one of these TOP QUALITY amps let me know a local shop carries them. Im in portland oregon by the way.
I also have a McIntosh MC440M 6 channel amp for sale as well as some Focal Utopias and Dynaudios for sale let me know if any one is interested.
Hmmm.......I've never heard of Synfoni. But then again not too many people have heard of Rotel home audio amps but they are phenomenal at worst. They wouldn't have a web-site would they? I'd like to see what they look like.

adam

I misspelled the name, it is Sinfoni, sorry. here is the web address. http://www.sinfoni.com/ check it out they are so small, trimed in 24k gold and just about the nicest item to ever be put in a car! they are like you say "phenomenal at worst". try to find some reviews if you can, they will be glowing. They are considered the Ferrari of amplifiers in europe and for good reason. (they are also hand made in italy)

Ok here is the truth of the matter. Well I have to ask when was the last time any one won a world SQ compitition using PYLE, Fosgate, audiobaun, or even pioneer amps? It doesn’t happen, and why? If a watt is a watt and all cable is the same and all decks are the same and so on and so on . . . The answer is simple They are not all the same my friends and a watt is not a watt when you have to factor in all the variables of the power and signal used in the creation of that watt. Some companies have managed to produce a cleaner watt than others, not a more powerful watt, as it is a measure of energy not cleanliness.
You've never heard of anyone winning a world championship in IASCA SQ with an RF Amp?

You keep discussing competition. If you're correct, why does Richard Clark still hold his $10000? "Oh, well that's not a sound test, he bypasses the features of the amplifier". That's correct, he does. Just like any SQ competitor worth a grain of salt does with outboard processing. Several of my friends are electrical engineers, and there are several on this board. Do you hear a difference between varying fets? What about all this talk of T03's and the TRU boners going around, do you hear that? Nope. And if your ears can distinguish between an amplifiers with this componentry, go and collect you $10000. Does amplifier A sound different than amplifier B? Nope, unless it's not solid state or it's broken. An amplifier serves one purpose, and one purpose alone. If it does anything other than amplify the signal it's broken, and no SQ competitor would use it. But then again, no SQ competitor is going to use an amplifiers onboard XO, Phase adjustment, Bass Boost/EQ unless they dont' know better.

ya'll crazy! Silver wire>black wire. why? the black wire has more pigment in it, therefore it will attract more heat. More heat-->more resistance--->bad
hrm..but then again..

black-->hot-->sweat-->Mark_AB takes his cloths off--->good

So is black good or bad? //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif

-------------

On topic-

to me (and my pet dog), the most important thing for a sound quality system are horns. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

:p
You know it. Especially the sweat bit.

You've never heard of anyone winning a world championship in IASCA SQ with an RF Amp?
You keep discussing competition. If you're correct, why does Richard Clark still hold his $10000? "Oh, well that's not a sound test, he bypasses the features of the amplifier". That's correct, he does. Just like any SQ competitor worth a grain of salt does with outboard processing. Several of my friends are electrical engineers, and there are several on this board. Do you hear a difference between varying fets? What about all this talk of T03's and the TRU boners going around, do you hear that? Nope. And if your ears can distinguish between an amplifiers with this componentry, go and collect you $10000. Does amplifier A sound different than amplifier B? Nope, unless it's not solid state or it's broken. An amplifier serves one purpose, and one purpose alone. If it does anything other than amplify the signal it's broken, and no SQ competitor would use it. But then again, no SQ competitor is going to use an amplifiers onboard XO, Phase adjustment, Bass Boost/EQ unless they dont' know better.
I belive i said when was the last time you heard of some one winning with a fosgate? It has been a few years. and i am only talking about SQ comps. Fosgate put out some good pieces in years past but now it is all just for spl. after all thats what everyone seems to love. But you are correct about completely bypassing any onboard processing the amp has to produce a clean signal. most of the onboard stuff is junk!

I belive i said when was the last time you heard of some one winning with a fosgate? It has been a few years. and i am only talking about SQ comps. Fosgate put out some good pieces in years past but now it is all just for spl. after all thats what everyone seems to love. But you are correct about completely bypassing any onboard processing the amp has to produce a clean signal. most of the onboard stuff is junk!
This is true, even of higher end amplifiers (not so much junk, as not as reliable as outboard processing). I would much rather have a Behringer, or P9/P9, or 4000X, or whatever, deligate my crossover frequencies, than a passive bit attached to an amplifier generating a lot of power, with a lot of current present. But maybe that's just me.

This is true, even of higher end amplifiers (not so much junk, as not as reliable as outboard processing). I would much rather have a Behringer, or P9/P9, or 4000X, or whatever, deligate my crossover frequencies, than a passive bit attached to an amplifier generating a lot of power, with a lot of current present. But maybe that's just me.
That is why I run a full Sony XES system, Digital processing, time alignment, and crossovers followed up by 16 20bit DACs to 1.5 foot 20awg pure silver in teflon tube RCA runs to my amps. All just to keep a clean signal and avoid the power robing passive crossovers. But in the end I belive worth it.

That is why I run a full Sony XES system, Digital processing, time alignment, and crossovers followed up by 16 20bit DACs to 1.5 foot 20awg pure silver in teflon tube RCA runs to my amps. All just to keep a clean signal and avoid the power robing passive crossovers. But in the end I belive worth it.
I should correct myself befor some one else has the fun of it there are 8 20 bit DACs in the x1, two for each set of out puts. sorry about that little load of crap in my boasting. in fact sorry about the boasting in general.

So you run a fully active system then? No passives at all? I'd like to ditch my MB Quart passives and run fully active but I'd need a 5th amp and not to mention re-do my entire trunk to accomodate it. A little too late for that for this year. I have a flat response already as it is but active would be alot nicer. By the way, that Sinfoni equip looks tasty, especially that pre-amp.

Adam //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smokin.gif.f1dc8d2acb1809e863ebd6a47eaa0d45.gif//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

So you run a fully active system then? No passives at all? I'd like to ditch my MB Quart passives and run fully active but I'd need a 5th amp and not to mention re-do my entire trunk to accomodate it. A little too late for that for this year. I have a flat response already as it is but active would be alot nicer. By the way, that Sinfoni equip looks tasty, especially that pre-amp.
Adam //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smokin.gif.f1dc8d2acb1809e863ebd6a47eaa0d45.gif//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

Yeah passive makes things more difficult to get set up but the rewards are worth it. as far as the Sinfoni preamp, it is about as nice as they get. My local shop has one is stock and demoed it for me. Talk about being able to take adavantage of your decks output. you just turn the volume of the deck up to just befor the point of clipping and then use the master volume on the preamp. this gives you the cleanest signal possible from your headunit.

Weird...I didn't know my 110V and 12V car stereo were the same.
All electronics are DC so your home stereo 110v ac and your car stereo 12v dc both covert the power to DC and to a specific voltage for the electronic in question. so in that aspect they are the same. One uses a DC/DC converter and the other uses a AD/DC converter. the only difference in the equipment is they way they are manufacured to handle the enviornment they are to be used in. i.e. the tweets have to be made to handle a 30 degree or more off axis listening position and changes like this have to be made to optimize the equipment for car use but differences beyond the enviornment are minimal at best.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...