what do you think the most important component to an SQ application is..?

what do you think the most important component to an SQ application is..?

• Headunit

Votes: 14 19.4%
  • speakers: component or coaxials?

Votes: 42 58.3%
  • Speaker Amp

Votes: 3 4.2%
  • Sub / Amp combo

Votes: 3 4.2%
  • Other...please list

Votes: 10 13.9%

• Total voters
HEAD UNIT! It is the most important for many reasons. It is the source of your signal, thus meaning you need a clean signal to begin with. If you amplify crap, your going to get really loud crap. If you amplify clean you will get clean even on cheap speakers. It is the fundamental birth right of a SQ system.

Eh...I say speakers, mainly components, but Diplexers does have a good point, you have to have a good signal to start out with before everything else will sound good.

HEAD UNIT! It is the most important for many reasons. It is the source of your signal, thus meaning you need a clean signal to begin with. If you amplify crap, your going to get really loud crap. If you amplify clean you will get clean even on cheap speakers. It is the fundamental birth right of a SQ system.
x2 + 10 char.

Install is the most important thing, but past that, for a true SQ system, a heavy duty equalizer is a must. Then speakers next and throw all the other crap in behind that. But really, all that stuff isn't even that important if you have a solid EQ, you can make it do what you want it to with the EQ and the install.

U can hide most anything behind a HIGH END component set.But a eq and HIGH END receiver are also a must for anyone considering a sq install.

^^^^^^ i am with him!!!!!!!!

Yeah but the best head unit in the world wont make a 100 dollar comp set sound great.I think there is more than just ONE factor when building a sq install.Its a group of things.In my opinion asking for just 1 thing might be cutting urself short in the sq dept.

MIDRANGE is integral. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

EDIT: Hell, it's all important.

I agree that it's a number of things that make a sound system great. It's like a pizza. You can have a great tasting sauce but if the cheese ***** or the bread is not up to par the whole pizza will ****..

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...