What do I need to change?

if you can fit an 8, definitely fit the 8. crescendo PWX is a decent midbass speaker along with exodus anarchy and a lot of parts express drivers.
The ideal situation is NO REAR speakers at all. however i know thats not possible with such a big vehicle when you have passengers. if there's speakers in the front, the middle and rear, i'd have the middle on head unit power. That way you wont even hear the rear speakers at all.

You will only time align for the front speakers only. If you can hear the middle speakers it'll mess with your soundstage thats why i say do not amp the middle, just amp the rear. Yes you will have the tweeters parallel and mids parallel thats what i stated on my original post.

the owner of sound drive had 4 in his doors, all deadened the midbass is and vocal response was great. you obviously have never heard them so what the fk are you complaining about. A lot of people used the flutes in their doors A LOT OF FKING PEOPLE on CACO, DIYMA, and this forum.
With a qes of .27 and a fs of 30 it's going to SUCKERED IB AND SEALED. You want a critically damped response.

That's not designed for car audio. Lol at any good midrange built for car audio. Higher quality higher fs much better in and seed performance. It's not me ***** at physics..

Hybrid

Focal

Rainbow

Hetrz

All we.5 or higher with a fs around 10hz lower than the xover point..

My driver suffers the same issue. Does it do OK? Yes. But I designed to to experiment with ported pods. Low tuning very small enclosure to give similar benefits subwoofers give in ported alignments..

With a qes of .27 and a fs of 30 it's going to SUCKERED IB AND SEALED. You want a critically damped response.That's not designed for car audio. Lol at any good midrange built for car audio. Higher quality higher fs much better in and seed performance. It's not me ***** at physics..

Hybrid

Focal

Rainbow

Hetrz

All we.5 or higher with a fs around 10hz lower than the xover point..
again you have zero experience with the driver in a proper setup it'll match up against all the name brands you've named just fine At least the budget SQ car i heard placed 3rd place at an even with over 15 entrants. A lot of the other people were running hertz, focal and much higher end gear than this guy. There's a reason why they are well regarded in the DIYMA community for the best budget midbass.

again you have zero experience with the driver in a proper setup it'll match up against all the name brands you've named just fine At least the budget SQ car i heard placed 3rd place at an even with over 15 entrants. A lot of the other people were running hertz, focal and much higher end gear than this guy. There's a reason why they are well regarded in the DIYMA community for the best budget midbass.
The science behind loudspeakers says its not a good ib or sealed driver. In a sealed pod MAYBE but not IB.

I have plenty of mid bass with a similar driver. A good tune will work fine but ideally there are a lot better IB and sealed box drivers.

Silver flute recommendations.

.15 cubic foot sealed box for an f3 of 125Hz

0.25 cubic foot with 1.5" diameter vent by 5" long for an f3 of 70Hz

0.4 cubic foot with 2" diameter vent by 6" long for an f3 of 55Hz

Silver flute recommendations..15 cubic foot sealed box for an f3 of 125Hz

0.25 cubic foot with 1.5" diameter vent by 5" long for an f3 of 70Hz

0.4 cubic foot with 2" diameter vent by 6" long for an f3 of 55Hz
again. whatever's on paper completely changes in a real install. Its a proven midbass driver not midrange but midbass good for a 3 way active setup. Either you actually used the driver or heard one IRL or you shut up about it. It doesn't need any more proof then actually placing in a big 3x points MECA SQ event

again i build speakers i understand very well. bad choice for IB. going to be very peaky around resonance.its simply under-damped mechanically and overdamped electrically. id recommend a PA 8" driver bofore that IB..

again i build speakers i understand very well. bad choice for IB. going to be very peaky around resonance.its simply under-damped mechanically and overdamped electrically. id recommend a PA 8" driver bofore that IB..
You don't build speakers

It's proven they work. Nothing else needs to be said.

legenda-hyipa.jpg

on another note you don't sound like a complete fool so ill give you some advice. i just saveed a ton of money by combining my home and car insurance with geico..
Oh yeah? But did you know that Charlie Chaplan once came in third in a Charlie Chaplan lookalike contest?

Oh yeah? But did you know that Charlie Chaplan once came in third in a Charlie Chaplan lookalike contest?
soooo, the willy wonka thing translated by the android tranlate camera app (if youve not tried it, its pretty trippy as it translates images of words in real time) it says "well, come on tell me about legend its project"

@Jeffdachef Since you recommended the Silver Flutes, thought you might have a recommendation on best install type. I'll be doing a door pod for them. That should be interesting since it'll be my first attempt at a pod! lol Anyway, I can see two different locations for the 8's. If I go with one location, I can do IB (basically in the stock location with a spacer) or I can have it in its own little sealed or vented box made out of the pod. Would it be better IB, sealed, ported? If I go IB, this brings up two other questions....first, do I need to put a baffle behind it? Second, when I relocate my 5.25", it will have to be in the pod, so should I figure out a way to make that IB as well, or will a sealed pod be fine?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.