What do I need to change?

Thank you for all the help guys, I appreciate it!! I will start looking at head units first and then the mid-bass speakers. Will let you know what I end up with and I guess we'll go from there!

So, looking at the 80PRS and the 4800BS. Besides the "cool" stuff, like touch screen, double din, etc, is the only big difference the fact that the 80PRS has both left and right EQ and it's 16 band vs 13? I'm thinking for the difference in price, the 80PRS would be the way to go.

So, looking at the 80PRS and the 4800BS. Besides the "cool" stuff, like touch screen, double din, etc, is the only big difference the fact that the 80PRS has both left and right EQ and it's 16 band vs 13? I'm thinking for the difference in price, the 80PRS would be the way to go.
ill sell you my 4800.

id like hte 80PRS but the POS doesn't play flac. Id have to use an AUX coming off my phones internal amp. JUNK.. i do like the 4800 but i need a better crossover.. its not a sound quality deck but its not terrible..

80prs has better crossovers. Left and right EQ is huge plus. 3 24bit DACs.

But if you are not going to use the 80 how it was designed to be used skip it.

Specs | DDX6903S | eXcelon | CAR ENTERTAINMENT | KENWOOD USA

32bit dac. capable up to 24bit/96KHZ while its proven that the 24/96 is probably inaudible from the 24/48 and even the 16/48 I think in hte near future the high resolution push is going to bring more technology to produce the best possible music.

---------- Post added at 02:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:50 PM ----------

80prs has better crossovers. Left and right EQ is huge plus. 3 24bit DACs. But if you are not going to use the 80 how it was designed to be used skip it.
i know its not a big deal to most but no lossless is crazy IMO.

32bit dac. capable up to 24bit/96KHZ while its proven that the 24/96 is probably inaudible from the 24/48 and even the 16/48 I think in hte near future the high resolution push is going to bring more technology to produce the best possible music.

---------- Post added at 02:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:50 PM ----------

It's not a big deal to the ones that don't know what can be done with it. I'll take a well tuned car over a crap tune playing loseless.

And bro seriously. I know you want to be just like me but this is sicotic

you can play flac after firmware updates bro.

you can play flac after firmware updates bro.
i really need to do the firmware update to my avh-x4500bt but i just havent got around to it. Not that it really does much anyways other than iphone features that i couldnt care less about because ANDROID 4 LIFE!! LoL

[quote name='Jeffdachef']you can play flac after firmware updates bro.[/QUOTE]

awesome!
my deck plays 24/48khz like @LosIsATool said you would be better off with the independent EQ if you are gong to compete. if not the 4800 is more than enough. it has everything the 80 has with the exception of the EQ

so you have two sets of tweeters and two sets of mids. Head unit in active network mode meaning you will not have front and rear controls and the RCA outputs will become HIGH, MID, and LOW(subwoofer)

tweeters will be on channel 1 and 2 high passed crossed over from anywhere between 2khz to 5khz on the head unit, connected on the HIGH output rca

mids and midbass will be on the MID rca output crossed over 80 high pass to 5000hz low pass(more or less depending on what your vehicle acoustics call for, you'll have to play around with the tune). The MID rca output will be split so it will go to channel 3 and 4 (midrange) and 5 + 6 for midbass

mids will be on channel 3 and 4 will be high passed crossed over at the AMP from 500hz to 5000hz

Midbass will be low passed at 500hz on channel 5 and 6.

As for midbass look at silverflute 6.5s in a kick panel enclosure.
I just re-read this for like the third time and realized I didn't quite understand what was being said before. If I'm understanding correctly, since I will have no front to rear differentiation, how will that affect timing? Isn't that going to mess with things a little bit? And would it be a no-no to just connect the far rear set in passive to the HU, and connect the front and middle speakers to the amp? I figure if it's capable of going down to 2 ohm, and these are 4 ohm speakers, couldn't I just wire in parallel (front and middle seat highs wired together....front and middle seat mids wired together) and have the front and middle seat sets benefit from the capabilities of the HU?

Also, I've been doing a lot of reading on those Silver Flutes. They sound like a great speaker, especially for the price. Unfortunately, they're out of stock everywhere I've looked. Would the 8" version be too much for a mid-bass speaker? They're supposed to be available again soon, so I can wait. Just figured I'd ask.

I just re-read this for like the third time and realized I didn't quite understand what was being said before. If I'm understanding correctly, since I will have no front to rear differentiation, how will that affect timing? Isn't that going to mess with things a little bit? And would it be a no-no to just connect the far rear set in passive to the HU, and connect the front and middle speakers to the amp? I figure if it's capable of going down to 2 ohm, and these are 4 ohm speakers, couldn't I just wire in parallel (front and middle seat highs wired together....front and middle seat mids wired together) and have the front and middle seat sets benefit from the capabilities of the HU?
Also, I've been doing a lot of reading on those Silver Flutes. They sound like a great speaker, especially for the price. Unfortunately, they're out of stock everywhere I've looked. Would the 8" version be too much for a mid-bass speaker? They're supposed to be available again soon, so I can wait. Just figured I'd ask.
Those drivers are meant to be ported. The will **** in your doors. I'm warning you..

if you can fit an 8, definitely fit the 8. crescendo PWX is a decent midbass speaker along with exodus anarchy and a lot of parts express drivers.

The ideal situation is NO REAR speakers at all. however i know thats not possible with such a big vehicle when you have passengers. if there's speakers in the front, the middle and rear, i'd have the middle on head unit power. That way you wont even hear the rear speakers at all.

You will only time align for the front speakers only. If you can hear the middle speakers it'll mess with your soundstage thats why i say do not amp the middle, just amp the rear. Yes you will have the tweeters parallel and mids parallel thats what i stated on my original post.

Those drivers are meant to be ported. The will **** in your doors. I'm warning you..
the owner of sound drive had 4 in his doors, all deadened the midbass is and vocal response was great. you obviously have never heard them so what the fk are you complaining about. A lot of people used the flutes in their doors A LOT OF FKING PEOPLE on CACO, DIYMA, and this forum.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.