What do i need for this setup? And how do i do it.. lol :-)

Participant count
  • Participant list

TheeyaN
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
Serbia
Af.. Here goes..

Car: Opel Astra G hatchback '99

HU Pioneer Deh p88rs (3x 5v pre outs)

Midbass(kick) 2 pairs of JBL 600 GTI powered with 2 amps that have about 2x300 rms. Maybe bit more

Midrange (still dont know what.. Am thinking about Andrian Audio,but.. Maybe something else.. )

Tweeters Andrian Audio A25G2 powered with some Zapco 2x100-ish amp

Subs 2x Phase Linear Aliante 12'' LTD powered with 2x MB Quart RAA2400 (800 rms each)

Power cables are 0AWG pure copper

Chinch RCA cables are Phoenix Gold arx.850 reference line

Alternator is Stock.. 100 A

Front battery.. Either Exide Maxxima deep cycle or Optima Yellow top deep cycle

Now.. Here come some questions..

1.) As you can see i will be using 6 amps. That is the plan but i only have 3 pre outs. What should i do about this.

2.) Having in mind what powers i will be using for sub,kick and tweeters what type of midrange should i be looking for,i dont want my midrange to be underpowered. Front stage is a priority.

3.) Where should the midranges be in car.. Should they be in the door,or in the dash or? Any ideas suggestion etc.

4.) As u can see the basic idea is SQL. Having that in mind what should my enclosure for Aliantes be? I am a bit afraid if i put them in a sealed enclosure they just wont get loud enough. As far as i have seen they need 24 liters sealed,and about 50-ish liters ported (bass reflex) tube should be about 34-36cm long and fi 10cm

5.) Can i manage all this with the stock alt and just stack up batteries? Alt has a 100A charging step,but will that be enough?

6.) What is the amount of juice i will be needing for this? Its about 3000 rms.. I am thinking about.. 1 battery front,and two in the rear (just dont know where am i going to putt all this stuff :S )

7.) Whats more important when looking for a battery? AH or A?

Thats about it.. Looking forward for some advices from experience fellas,who have done somewhat similar in the past or present or will do it in the future :)

99% of the members here are from the US, so it would help us if u converted liters to cubic ft for the enclosure size and CM to inches. It's too late for me to do anything else at this point lol.

Well ok.. 50 litars is a lil bit more than 1.5cuft so that means that 24 liters is 0.75 cu.

As for cm 1 inch is 2.5 cm so that means fi 4 inchs, and lenght of the reflex tube should be 14 inch.

I dont even know if u have Aliante Subs in the US,so maybe we could completly skip that one for now and focus on the other questions :)

Also

8.) What should the closed enclosure for my JBL GTI 600 be? I mean how many cu ft :)

5.) Can i manage all this with the stock alt and just stack up batteries? Alt has a 100A charging step,but will that be enough?

6.) What is the amount of juice i will be needing for this? Its about 3000 rms.. I am thinking about.. 1 battery front,and two in the rear (just dont know where am i going to putt all this stuff :S )

7.) Whats more important when looking for a battery? AH or A?

Upgrading alt on this vehicle will be kind of tricky,that is why i was asking,is it possible to leave it stock,and stack up some batteries in the rear.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.