What direction is Sundown heading?

They be rolling with sloride
So big time they don't need your business
For the record I would have cash to spare if I was in my 30's and living in my parents attic too.
See if his tune changes after he takes possession of that new house (if it's real) and that thing called responsibility kicks in.
No more hookers and stepped on blow
Lulz, I love when losers tell on themselves, expect we both no your parents trailer doesn't have an attic.

Odd that Sundown's first post here in years is to necro this thread.

As far as prices, fuel is up 50% the past year, grain is up nearly as much, raw materials for plastics have doubled, all metals prices are going up and just about everything else is either more expensive or out of stock. Logistics issues have had freight prices going crazy for about a year now, LTL around the country is getting bad and containers from China just picked up another 4000 and 8000$ (for 20 and 40 footers) respectively surcharge this month with more expected.

Here's a challenge, anybody who thinks they can get a better product/service to market for a better price should hop to it and get cracking at showing us how it's done and putting Sundown out of business.

right, so the original model must have been better than the v6 they have now. Sounds like an excuse cuz you're secretly too poor to afford the revised, innovated model that cost more 🤷‍♂️
Lmfao please continue to make a fool of yourself. It's hilarious. If I were Jacob I would refuse sales to you morons.

As far as prices, fuel is up 50% the past year, grain is up nearly as much, raw materials for plastics have doubled, all metals prices are going up and just about everything else is either more expensive or out of stock. Logistics issues have had freight prices going crazy for about a year now, LTL around the country is getting bad and containers from China just picked up another 4000 and 8000$ (for 20 and 40 footers) respectively surcharge this month with more expected.

Here's a challenge, anybody who thinks they can get a better product/service to market for a better price should hop to it and get cracking at showing us how it's done and putting Sundown out of business.
Don't know why you thought it was odd. We don't **** with this place anymore. You people are pathetic garbage.

You get my praise for this one. Somebody has to live in reality.

Business costs are skyrocketing right now, seemingly across the board, you know, unless you're Amazon and using taxpayer dollars to subsidize your shipping costs.....

Look, everything is becoming more expensive. In my literal 8 years designing for Sundown products and working with/for a Sundown dealer, I've found Sundown to be one of the most consistent and just overall best performing subwoofer brands and amp brands (not including full bridge). Full bridge amps is not Sundown's fault- that's meeting customer demand.

Do you want Sundown to die? Do any of you run a business, at all? I run a tiny business, but I've been in the small business world for quite a while. People gotta eat, you know? I know several small business owners, and what hell they go through to keep their businesses alive and feed their employees. I feel like if anyone deserves to raise their prices, Sundown does. They're audio OG's, in my very honest opinion. I watched Sundown grow so well in the past 10-15 years, and I have tons of respect for Jacob. I watched him do that SA-15 in that 2 door Cherokee, watched the development of their subs over time- Sundown is an OG company. They're leaders in the industry, and I very seriously mean that. Sundown deserves to run their business as they see fit; Sundown isn't one of these copy and paste sham-like companies. They seem to have all of the intelligence and creativity in-house. I legitimately have nothing but respect for Sundown, and it seems like so many companies try to copy Sundown, and I only say that to say that Sundown seems to be leading the way for industry trends, and doing it VERY WELL.

I have 122 custom subwoofer box designs for Sundown subs saved on my PC, out of the over 1000 boxes I have saved. They're so popular, and they're popular because they PUT IN WORK. Their subs are some of the best in the world, IMO, for the style of woofer that they have. I've designed, built, installed, and tuned so many Sundown systems. I have literally never heard a Sundown not do what it was supposed to. Maybe one woofer that some people didn't like was one of the SA-15's, that had issues playing lows or something. I never heard that problem in person, but that's literally the only bad subwoofer stuff I've heard from Sundown, and I'm not sure if it's user error or not.

Like when you run a shop and your customer says they want Sundown, we breathe a sigh of relief, because we already know it's going to sound good. I had a customer tell me that my box design for a SA-12 that I did was both louder and sounded just as good as a JL 12w6 in one of JL's own "high output" prefabs. That's impressive as hell, to me.

Like it was said, if you don't like it, go start your own company and show Sundown how it's done 😂 😂 😂 :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

Last edited:
idk if Fi's helping put SunDown out of business, but i dig their subs for the $ and theyre handmade in the US. i just built up a 12" Xv3 for home theater, things slick imho

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...